Sponsored by:

Need Subwoofer Recommendation for my LS430

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-08, 12:42 PM
j4x0n
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Subwoofer Recommendation for my LS430

can any of you guys recommend me some high end subwoofer brands? i want something that's not cheap, but more on the expensive side since it's for a ls430. any suggestions?
Old 04-19-08, 08:22 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

You realize there are so many subwoofers out there right? It's impossible to just recommend a subwoofer without knowing your criteria.

How much space do you have to work with...
How much power do you have...
More importantly...what is your budget??

I've been through at least 30 subwoofers and I can tell you that not all subs will work in one application.
Old 04-19-08, 08:24 PM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

We can go back and forth with people spitting out the name of their favorit subs but that won't get us anywhere. What's your budget for the sub? What are you powering it with? What will your alignment be (sealed, ported, IB, bandpass, horn or TL)? What are your goals? Loud? Sound quality? Combination? Do you want a name brand so you will be popular with your peeps? Are you willing to go with a lesser known brand to be different? Are you willing to go with a lesser known brand because most of the time they are better quality than the crap you get at Best Buy and Circuit City?

-Robert
Old 04-26-08, 06:37 PM
Cape Cod
Rookie

Robert,

I'll be getting my second LS next week.

All I want is a nice clean base. I don't need to blow the windows out, or impress anyone but myself.

I want it mounted in the same 8" hole "would be willing to go 10" if you thought nesassary". I need the trunk space.

I used to install stereos in my cars w/ the amps, but now that It's my LS it's much more difficult for me to run the wires, so I'll have a friend that is an installer do it. Back then we used Rockford punch series or jl. I like the sound of both of those but the companies may have gone to big store crap by now.

I listen to all types of music depending on my mood, so when I'm in the mood, I want the option to have a bit extra bass, but when I put the base level low, I want it to be low.

I'd like to spend $500 w/ 1 sub and an amp that will push it without a problem. Clean bass and incognito, is most important. I can spend a little more if necessary, but a little less is better.

Regards,

-Nile
Old 04-26-08, 07:04 PM
PK_Celsior
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

can any of you guys recommend me some high end subwoofer brands? i want something that's not cheap, but more on the expensive side since it's for a ls430. any suggestions?
there are a lot of big ballin companies out there. to list some are arc audio, focal audio, rainbow audio, Fi audio, XXX audio, Re Audio, and etc. happy searching hehe.

Robert,

I'll be getting my second LS next week.

All I want is a nice clean base. I don't need to blow the windows out, or impress anyone but myself.

I want it mounted in the same 8" hole "would be willing to go 10" if you thought nesassary". I need the trunk space.

I used to install stereos in my cars w/ the amps, but now that It's my LS it's much more difficult for me to run the wires, so I'll have a friend that is an installer do it. Back then we used Rockford punch series or jl. I like the sound of both of those but the companies may have gone to big store crap by now.

I listen to all types of music depending on my mood, so when I'm in the mood, I want the option to have a bit extra bass, but when I put the base level low, I want it to be low.

I'd like to spend $500 w/ 1 sub and an amp that will push it without a problem. Clean bass and incognito, is most important. I can spend a little more if necessary, but a little less is better.

Regards,

-Nile
it seems like you will be going towards the free air setup. i would go check out elemental design. they make a lot of free air sub. just pick up a rockford fosgate amp to run it. get bang for the buck from both companies.
i tend to like things in boxes nice clean and sealed hehe. i have 2 12w3v2 in my LS400 on 2 fosgate p325.1

just my 2 cents

Last edited by PK_Celsior; 04-26-08 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-26-08, 07:27 PM
Cape Cod
Rookie

Thanks,

Typically Id prefer the box sound, but with this car I don't want a box, I'm trying to keep it simple and effective.
Old 04-29-08, 08:18 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

I'd look at the ED 11Ov.2 (their T/S parameters are more suited for IB installs than the K), the SDX 10 from CSS or the Haxo LXU 10 (available from ED's site).

As for amps, I'd look at something with about 300w into 4 ohms. No need for any more power than that. You can look at old school PPI, PG or Orion. There are some Cerwin Vega class D amps showing up at Ubid and Ebay that are Zed built and getting great reviews. About $150 to $175 for 300w of power.

-Robert
Old 05-03-08, 12:52 PM
Cape Cod
Rookie

Thanks robert,

I'm looking into it. I'll let you know what becomes of it.

-Nile