Sponsored by:

Cd changer

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-08, 07:30 AM
cdvmagic
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cd changer

Hi I installed my Alpine system a while ago and let me tell you the Alpine cd changers are the worst things on earth.
It's worse then the stock cd changer.
It skipping a lot I can only listen to the music when I'm at a traffic light or something because even if I make a turn the music will stop and it resumes after I finish making a turn.
Now I wonder is there a way to make a stock cd changer work with the Alpine Iva W205 headunit?
Because I really want to listen to my cds
This headunit has an i POd interface but I don't like connecting the i pod everutime I'm in the car and unplugging it when i step out so that's why I want the cd changer.
Old 05-15-08, 11:26 AM
sheezo
Driver School Candidate

yea u can hook it up through AV connection (for permenant purpose) these connections are usually console.
the easieast way is to buy cassette Adaoptor online (cost $5~$10) and connect you Ipod or any thing even u r CD player. ~Sheezo~
Old 05-16-08, 12:30 PM
cdvmagic
Driver

No that won't work because I have the Alpine Iva W205 deck and that one doesn't have the cassette adaptor.
So I'll need a cd changer that I can hook to the deck and control of the deck that has a state of the art anti skipping system so it won't skip.
Old 05-16-08, 02:19 PM
jboy
Driver

Originally Posted by cdvmagic
Hi I installed my Alpine system a while ago and let me tell you the Alpine cd changers are the worst things on earth.
It's worse then the stock cd changer.
It skipping a lot I can only listen to the music when I'm at a traffic light or something because even if I make a turn the music will stop and it resumes after I finish making a turn.
Now I wonder is there a way to make a stock cd changer work with the Alpine Iva W205 headunit?
Because I really want to listen to my cds
This headunit has an i POd interface but I don't like connecting the i pod everutime I'm in the car and unplugging it when i step out so that's why I want the cd changer.
Just curious, but why do you want a CD player over your iPod? I am about to unplug my CD changer and plug an iPod (actually Zune) in its place.

jerry
Old 05-17-08, 02:50 PM
cdvmagic
Driver

Because original cds have better sound quality them mp3 and it's easier tp operate while i'm in traffic.
Old 05-17-08, 09:39 PM
dashan
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What's the model number of the cd changer that you installed?

Thanks
Old 05-19-08, 02:52 PM
cdvmagic
Driver

I can't find the model number but it's the one that plays 6cds and can read cds with mp3 on them.