Navigation / Headunit Conflict?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-08, 08:38 AM
nymets33
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation / Headunit Conflict?

Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade the headunit on my GX470 which has the navatigation system pre-installed. I've taken my car to a local car audio shop and they told me I can't upgrade my headunit because it will create a conflict with the navigation.

I find this all to hard to believe that this can't be done and still have the navigation system working properly. I'm aware that the OEM headunit and Navi are intergrated and can function the radio via the touchscreen (which I don't really care about). But the idea of the Navigation system not working properly is not what I want to happen.

Anyone with experience on this? What was the outcome of upgrading your radio and functionality lost on your Navi.

Thanks,

Last edited by nymets33; 06-14-08 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-26-08, 02:17 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i dont konw what you are trying to accomoplish by upgrading but i suggest you upgrade current cd changer to the 2007-8 gx470 mark levinson system 6 disc dvd cd changer,. it plays all formats including mp3s and dvd movies and dvd audio and can be installed without much problem in place of your current cd changer. also the amp can be ungraded to mark levinson (plug in and play amp switch) with much better sound and also will play the movies friom the dvd changer in dolby 7.1 surround.............................................................................. i doubt the aftermarket unit will play all those formats. also installing lexus factory units keeps everything integrated and increases trade in value instead of decresing value with aftermarket unit. so that gives you an option. afermarket sellers always say the factory stuff is junk but thats far from the truth. they are usually made in japan and are high quality compared to aftermarket stuff made in third world countries........................................................................................................... so quit believing all that hype about aftermarket units. lexus factory struff is just always several years behind the current technology but the 2008 even have a factory ipod adapter finally. its made by alpine and its all integrated for plug in and play install as is the new gx470 dvd cd changer i have suggested above. . the upgraded dvd changer brackets even install in the same place as your current non mp3 non dvd playing cd changer.

Last edited by lexusaudio; 06-26-08 at 02:20 PM.