Sponsored by:

HELP! - alarm related

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-08, 11:02 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! - alarm related

I just got an alarm and had someone install it. the alarm is a Crimestopper Cs2014 remote start system.

my problem is the factory alarm. When I remote start the car, the factory alarm would go off. can anyone tell me what to do/how to disarm the factory alarm.

And, with my new alarm, it would only unlock/lock the car as long as the dome interior light is still on, Once it is off it will not unlock/lock the door, BUT the car will beep as if it locked/unlocked. The thing is, is that the car will still start from the remote but not unlock the doors.

I'm going to try and solve this problem tomorrow myself. the guy I had install the alarm had some good reviews, but those were from honda owners without factory alarms. the guy even admitted it challenged him because most of the wires were hidden.

any advice on what to do would be great.
Old 06-30-08, 11:21 PM
LeXusFiTs
Lead Lap

Disconnect the factory alarm, unless u need 2 alarms?
Old 06-30-08, 11:22 PM
LeXusFiTs
Lead Lap

And having 2 alarm might get set of your after market alarm if you open the door with the factory key remote as well.
Old 06-30-08, 11:35 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LeXusFiTs
And having 2 alarm might get set of your after market alarm if you open the door with the factory key remote as well.
I dont have the factory remote, and how would I go about disconnecting the factory alarm?
Old 07-01-08, 12:15 AM
resen323
Driver

i had the same problem with my alarm. My friend fixed it for me, he had to re-wire the factory alarm to my aftermarket alarm. it worked.
Old 07-01-08, 12:38 AM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by resen323
i had the same problem with my alarm. My friend fixed it for me, he had to re-wire the factory alarm to my aftermarket alarm. it worked.
ahh man imma go nuts over this thing.
Old 07-01-08, 08:07 AM
BKzSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by YupImJOee
I just got an alarm and had someone install it. the alarm is a Crimestopper Cs2014 remote start system.

my problem is the factory alarm. When I remote start the car, the factory alarm would go off. can anyone tell me what to do/how to disarm the factory alarm.

And, with my new alarm, it would only unlock/lock the car as long as the dome interior light is still on, Once it is off it will not unlock/lock the door, BUT the car will beep as if it locked/unlocked. The thing is, is that the car will still start from the remote but not unlock the doors.

I'm going to try and solve this problem tomorrow myself. the guy I had install the alarm had some good reviews, but those were from honda owners without factory alarms. the guy even admitted it challenged him because most of the wires were hidden.

any advice on what to do would be great.

hey you know i have the same problems sometimes too and i think we have the same alarm! mine is also a crimestopper!!
Old 07-01-08, 07:32 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

all you need to do is tap into the factory key-sense wire in the ignition cylinder. it is usually a very this gauge wire. when the key is insert into the cylinder that wire will read ground when you use a multi-meter. when the key is out it is just open circuit. you have to take a wire off the remote start that gives you ground while cranking. this should solve both problems for you.

i put in the remote start on my 93 sc300 and before connecting the key-sense wire the factory alarm would go off while remote starting. i have a DEI remote start and i used the blue wire on the unit.

what year is your GS? i can look up the colors for the key-sense wire at work. the only catch is im at school and will work next on thursday.
Old 07-01-08, 09:23 PM
davidv433
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the factory door locks go to sleep mode when the car is locked, same with some toyota models there is a wake up wire that needs to be triggered when being unlocked with the aftermarket remote, dont remember what color ... though .. try a test when the factory alarm goes off insert the key in the ignition cylinder if the alarm goes off u can hook up the key sense wire .. if it doesnt then u gotta look for the factory disarm wire. let me know what year gs u have and ill send u an e-mail with the wire locations ..
Old 07-01-08, 09:26 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drivers kick panel. red/Black wire is the OEM alarm disarm. You need to use the disarm wire from the alarm to this wire. Check polarity.
Old 07-02-08, 05:58 AM
mart
Driver School Candidate

On my GS which is a UK car but it may be the same. On the factory alarm there was a wire which dropped the neg when armed, this semmed to be an earth for the cdl as it would not unlock. All I did was to put this wire to earth and it solved the issue. I'm pretty sure it was a yellow wire at the alarm unit behind the glovebox.
Old 07-02-08, 02:25 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mkorsu
Drivers kick panel. red/Black wire is the OEM alarm disarm. You need to use the disarm wire from the alarm to this wire. Check polarity.
I just got done checking this and they both are hooked up to eachother. any other suggestions?
Old 07-02-08, 03:50 PM
davidv433
Lead Lap

like mkorsu said red/black it should be negative, to check turn the key in the door to unlock to check for polarity. being that you dont have factory remotes. try making the unlock wire to double pulse for unlock and set it up to send the first pulse to disarm the alarm first, the the second pulse will unlock the car.
Old 07-02-08, 04:06 PM
REV-01
Lexus Champion

just have the installer/shop fix it. it should be under warranty anyway. it shouldn't be stress for you.
Old 07-02-08, 04:15 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by REV-01
just have the installer/shop fix it. it should be under warranty anyway. it shouldn't be stress for you.

I seemed to have fix it i think. I retraced the wires and there were 2 wires with the same color code for the "power unlock" both of which were black/yellow. I just switched the unlock from the alarm to the other black/yellow and it seems to work.

we'll see later on about the remote start/alarm going off problem.

oh and the thing about the installer/shop fix, I got the alarm installed up in Norwalk, and I'm down in san diego which is about a 2 hour drive.