Sponsored by:

alarm help

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-08, 11:38 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm help

I just got an alarm and had someone install it. the alarm is a Crimestopper Cs2014 remote start system.

my problem is the factory alarm. When I remote start the car, the factory alarm would go off. can anyone tell me what to do/how to disarm the factory alarm.

And, with my new alarm, it would only unlock/lock the car as long as the dome interior light is still on, Once it is off it will not unlock/lock the door, BUT the car will beep as if it locked/unlocked. The thing is, is that the car will still start from the remote but not unlock the doors.

I'm going to try and solve this problem tomorrow myself. the guy I had install the alarm had some good reviews, but those were from honda owners without factory alarms. the guy even admitted it challenged him because most of the wires were hidden.

any advice on what to do would be great.
Old 07-01-08, 12:17 AM
skousenjr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Shelby 750R same issue, there is a way to run a bypass basically that when you o to remote start, it turns of the factory alarm, what wire to use and where i am not 100% on that. I know it was a issue when i had them do my car for about a week of playing with it before it worked great.