Sponsored by:

Kenwood In-Dash install issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-08, 12:58 PM
ILOVELAMP
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kenwood In-Dash install issue

I jsut finished installing a Kenwood DDX 712 in dash cd/dvd player in my 92 Lexus Sc300. The problem I am having is I am not getting any sound out of my rear speakers. Also, the fronts are working, but I get a low whine when the volume is low that matches the engine rev when the car is running. Any ideas?
Old 08-26-08, 02:42 PM
TJohnson
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you mean the rear speakers don't work or the factory sub doesn't work? The factory sub won't work when you put an aftermarket deck like that in there, but you should still have sound out of the other two rear speakers.

Unfortunately the speaker whine that matches the engine speed you hear is not going to go away unless you bypass the factory amp. If you search around, you can find which wires do what on the factory amp there in the passenger side trunk area, and bypass it all that way, but unless you do, you are always going to have that whine. Look around the forum a bit and you'll see that everyone w/ the SC3 or 4 that installs an aftermarket deck without bypassing the factory amp, has this problem.

Sorry.
Old 08-26-08, 03:29 PM
ILOVELAMP
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rear speakers dont work either. ANd they were working before I put in the new deck.

I got the amp bypass harness installed as well so I dont know why Im still getting the humming noise unless it is a bad harness or something. Might have to do with the rear speakers not working as well.

Gonna play with it some more tonight. Hopefully I dont have to rewire the whole thing
Old 08-26-08, 06:16 PM
TJohnson
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ILOVELAMP
The rear speakers dont work either. ANd they were working before I put in the new deck.

I got the amp bypass harness installed as well so I dont know why Im still getting the humming noise unless it is a bad harness or something. Might have to do with the rear speakers not working as well.

Gonna play with it some more tonight. Hopefully I dont have to rewire the whole thing
There is no harness that I am aware of that bypasses it. If there is, you may be the first one to have it. All the other ones I see have the Red, Black, Yellow, and Blue wires and then have two pairs of RCA jacks. Those go back to the factory amp and that is the reason for the engine noise. Unless you have some other harness, that is the reason for the noise.