ES350 base radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-23, 11:47 AM
FlyingCGuy
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker impedances and ML amp

Originally Posted by clarky86
Wow - bringing this one back from the dead!

There is no harness - you use the existing wires and replace the speakers. there are two sets of new wires that come from the amp but the connector has openings there, you will need to get the metal wire clips that insert into the connector to add these wires. If I remember, these new wires run to the front door woofers. There was another change that you can determine when looking at both regular and ML wiring diagrams - I can't remember or I would post it.
I had a look at the wiring diagram and see that the ML system has deticated wires going from the amp to the front door woofers and dashboard speaker/tweeter seperatly. Do you think I could go in the trunk and add ................

---------------------------------------

PS: I successfully installed the mark levinson amp. To install all the speaker's that this amplifier powers, wires need to be run from the ML amplifier to the mid/tweeter racks in each corner of the dash (left and right corners). Wires also need to be run from the amp to the left and right mid range speakers in the left and right side of the rear deck. Additionally, the tweeter and 6.5 setup in each of the doors must be wired in either series or parallel, I can't remember which... regardless, if you stay at an impedance load of 4 ohms or higher than you should be good to go, all other speakers will be plug and play, including the sub. The reason I bring up the 4 ohms is because I would not recommend installing the ML center dash speaker because they have a peak in the high mids or low treble that make it hard to listen to at high volumes, and they are extremely unreliable... I have had three break on me within a couple weeks or less. This third one has a rattling inside it for low midrange frequencies and each of them were working perfectly when I bought them. I would recommend going aftermarket for this speaker as these made in Mexico 2.75 inch speakers have a hard time playing low mids reliably. I am purchasing the $60 2.75 inch KS speaker pair from kicker because they go down to 300hz... I'll update how that sounds when I get them. I would honestly recommend dishing out the $200 for the audiofrog 2.5 or 2.75 inch speaker (it was one of those two sizes). This speaker can play down to 200hz which should give a full midrange sound. Other than that, I would highly recommend doing this install if you are patient, the other ML speakers sound great and the amplifier is sublime. Again, a 4 ohms impedance load should be fine with this amp, except for maybe the subwoofer. I am still using the factory pioneer sub because I honestly don't mind it, but I am sure the ML one sounds awesome if you could get a good deal.

Last edited by FlyingCGuy; 05-30-24 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Further knowledge