Sponsored by:

antenna problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-08, 02:03 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default antenna problem

I took my antenna mast out, and saw the mast wasn't there, so it means the mast got cut somewhere near the antenna. I tried to take the motor out, but there a long piece of wire, how do i take that wire out so i can remove the antenna motor out. My plans is to take the motor out and unscrew everything to remove the rest of the mast inside the motor. I never took the motor apart, so wondering if it easy to do, or am I better off buying a new motor. The motor still works...
Old 12-06-08, 02:20 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

that is a piece of plastic you need someone to turn the radio on when the motor starts running pull plastic firmly it should come out.you may want to spray some lubricant and let sit for a few minutes before you try.
Old 12-06-08, 02:47 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

anyways, i got the motor out of the car, how do u take the motor apart, i remove all the screws and i can't see any way to open it.
Old 12-06-08, 03:01 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Nm opened it, yay!! delete plz...
Old 12-06-08, 03:07 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

you said the motor still worked so you should'nt need to take apart.if you got the plastic piece out all of it then all you have to do is replace the mast.it comes with the plastic piece attached.you should have someone with you when you do it.make sure when you putting in new mast you dont shove the plastic piece in to far like i did that's why i stress to have some one with you.let some one turn radio on the motor will start up like normal when its finished have the mast ready have your helper shut the radio off the motor will start retracting make sure the plasti piece is going in the proper way so pay attention when you take it out.ok when the end of the plastic piece catch guide it in gently.if the motor stops before all of it goes in its ok just suport the antenna with your hands and have your helper turn radio on let motor come to a stop and have them shut it off antenna and mast should adjust itself.repeat until it all goes in.
Old 12-06-08, 04:44 PM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

hey i thought you fixed that already lloyd. howat's coming over we're watching the pacquiao-de la hoya fight at manila cafe tonight. gimme a call if you wanna drive down here, we'll fix that antenna and you can pick up your exhaust too.
Old 12-06-08, 10:50 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by matrixgts
you said the motor still worked so you should'nt need to take apart.if you got the plastic piece out all of it then all you have to do is replace the mast.it comes with the plastic piece attached.you should have someone with you when you do it.make sure when you putting in new mast you dont shove the plastic piece in to far like i did that's why i stress to have some one with you.let some one turn radio on the motor will start up like normal when its finished have the mast ready have your helper shut the radio off the motor will start retracting make sure the plasti piece is going in the proper way so pay attention when you take it out.ok when the end of the plastic piece catch guide it in gently.if the motor stops before all of it goes in its ok just suport the antenna with your hands and have your helper turn radio on let motor come to a stop and have them shut it off antenna and mast should adjust itself.repeat until it all goes in.
Thanks man, that info was really great help. do u remember which way the teeth goes?? facing towards the front of the car or the rear of the car? I really remember it was facing towards the front and i keep sliding the mast in, and the motor doesn't catch it.
Old 12-06-08, 11:36 PM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by horent135
Thanks man, that info was really great help. do u remember which way the teeth goes?? facing towards the front of the car or the rear of the car? I really remember it was facing towards the front and i keep sliding the mast in, and the motor doesn't catch it.
lol, loyd let it go til tom. thanks for showing up bro. pacquiao rules!
Old 12-07-08, 11:57 AM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

sorry man it's been over a year ago when i did mine,don't remember you are going to have to play around wiyh it.
Old 12-07-08, 02:06 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mr2tosc4
lol, loyd let it go til tom. thanks for showing up bro. pacquiao rules!
haha, it was fun cuz i won!! haha. I'll mess with it later when it get warmer.
Old 12-10-08, 05:20 PM
kylexus
Driver School Candidate

Lexus ES 300. Just got new one attennae today went to install it motor grabbed it like it should but it still didn't take it all the way down. So I tried to take it back out and now its stuck. How can I get it to release the plastic line?
Old 02-01-21, 09:21 AM
kdllx470
2nd gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is an old thread, however the answer is that the plastic teeth need to face the REAR of the car when inserting the mast into the motor assembly.