Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Comparison of Lexus IPOD and Vaistech IPOD Integration Kits?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-08 | 10:47 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Default Comparison of Lexus IPOD and Vaistech IPOD Integration Kits?

Can someone provide details on the differences? I have previously owned a Vaistech system and loved it, but now that Lexus has an optional one I'm not sure if I should go with the Lexus one for warranty purposes, or the Vaistech one - is there a feature that makes the Vaistech unit better (other than the ability to play Ipod Video)?

Lee
Old 12-16-09 | 05:05 PM
Capirato
Racer

Originally Posted by Leeladisky

Can someone provide details on the differences? I have previously owned a Vaistech system and loved it, but now that Lexus has an optional one I'm not sure if I should go with the Lexus one for warranty purposes, or the Vaistech one - is there a feature that makes the Vaistech unit better (other than the ability to play Ipod Video)?

Lee
Good Question. does anybody know ??

~ Cap
Old 12-31-09 | 04:12 PM
ClubHabel
Driver School Candidate

I dont know but am reasearching the same thing now Cant say I love the iphone (i like it) but am sticking with it and trying to decide how to hook it up to my GS430 2995. If you figured anything out, let me know.
Old 01-02-10 | 06:19 PM
Dble Agent
Pole Position

I am interested also...
Old 01-03-10 | 11:31 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

the vais one has just a few more features like showing individual songs as a list to choose from, it's cheaper, and there's one version that plays videos. you'll need the dvd override to watch it while driving though. i got one and it's great to keep wifey occupied.

as far as i know no one has had a problem with vais and once or twice a year they have sales...
Old 02-09-10 | 06:42 AM
spender
Driver

I've had the Vaistech for about 3 years and it's rock solid. I haven't really heard anything great about the Lexus kit, but then again, I haven't been in the market. I think the Vaistech kit is less expensive too.
Old 02-10-10 | 10:03 AM
rukkus2IS
Lead Lap

I have the Vaistech SL2VI. Love the fact that I can control my ipod with the steering wheel control and on the Navigation screen. Love that fact that it can hold 999 songs per playlist. It also play videos but you need to control the video through your ipod which is fine with me. I have the TV/DVD override kit so I can watch video while car is in motion, skim through playlist on the navigation screen while the car is in motion. I would definitely recommend the Vaistech and if you want to spend the extra money for the override kick instead of cutting wires via navi hack, that a good route too.