Sponsored by:

is300 question about amp preouts

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-09, 01:42 PM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post is300 question about amp preouts

does anyone have a picture of the circuit board mentioned in this paragraph. I am attempting to install pre-amp pre-out RCA connections for a new amp/sub for my 02 is300. I have been searching both this message board and my.is for the last 3 hours reading hundreds of posts. I just want to be clear where the rca connections are soldered into.

5 pins mentioned:
1.)1x-GND-s(is this shared on both rca connections?)
2.)2x Front-FL,FR(both front connections but are cut at 100hz, not for subs)
3.)2x Rear-RL,RR(both rear connections that are full range)

"Only took and hour or so, by soldering RCA jacks to the PCB board labeled "E-VOL", which I believe stands for "electronic volume ". On the board were 5 pins labeled FL, FR, RL, RR, and GND-S for speaker ground. The front outputs were highpassed at about 100Hz, and the rear outputs were FULL-RANGE, not highpassed. I hooked up my crossover and fired up my system, it sounded perfect. The PC board is right under the amp cover once popped off by a screwdriver. There was absolutely no hiss or noise of any kind, and not to mention the pure sound of pre-outs. The bass, mid, and high controls are still functional, as well as the fade and balance controls. If I get enough requests for images, I will pull the amp back out (which most of you know is not an easy task) to take some photos."

my thinking is i split that GND-s into two wires(1 for ground on each RCA) and then take the RR and splice into the one RCA and take the RL and splice into the other?

thanks for the help. I love the sound of the stock system, just didnt want to fry anything.