Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

how much do think for custom dvd install...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-09, 08:48 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brio_ls
Thanks for your reply!

Looks like you used the stock headrests, but i'm wondering how did your installer run the wires. Are the poles hollow so he hid the wires there..? Did he mention any problems with the headrests themselves since they are electrically powered?
Thanks
he wasn't able to run wires into the hollow poles (just into the seats), the wires shows if you have the headrest up high, so I just keep them down. installer didn't mention any problems, but it did take him 8 hrs to complete the job.
Old 05-01-09, 08:52 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by maximussp
Where did you get the trim/bracket? When I bought my headrests, it didn't come with that.
my headrest are STOCK...

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500PKGM...lpine+monitors

I'd bought my valor DVD player at crutchfield, and bought Alpine Monitors on Ebay b/c it was cheaper...
Old 05-01-09, 11:44 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice job KillerGS4. Couldn't you use SAVV's headrest monitor with same leather material, a matching cover to conceal the monitor when not in use and a multi video input device for less ?
Old 05-02-09, 08:57 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
I am taking the car back this monday, because one of the monitor cables got cut (by installer during install), so it was on back order. Hopefully he can address the light issue at that time.
Okay, so now that we have more details, I'll retract the statement and agree that he's a hack. Cutting cables, and things that worked before don't work now? That's a sure sign he wasn't taking his time - he was confused. I would see if another installer is available and possibly arrange for some type of refund since you've spent more time on it than you should have.

Big Mack
Old 05-03-09, 11:22 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mowmow
Very nice job KillerGS4. Couldn't you use SAVV's headrest monitor with same leather material, a matching cover to conceal the monitor when not in use and a multi video input device for less ?
i think my setup is the cheapest IMO (yet I'm very happy with the quality of Alpine Monitors, I really don't want Audiovox)... i don't like aftermarket headrest, they are not the same quality as a Lexus nor do they offer Saddle.... I don't care about covering them up, since I have a dark tint and side window sunshade with the Ultra Package... Very hard to see inside.
Old 03-16-10, 03:15 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Default Update....

Putting DVD player in arm rest is the worest... I was having trouble ejecting disc, I think it was due to position of the DVD player. So I decided to replace my cheap Valor with Pioneer XDV-P6 6-Disc In-Dash DVD Player (http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...LAID=373328790). This time I had the installer install this player in the glove compartment, this was possible this time since the depth was slighty less. This unit retails over 650 but I got it for 120 Myer Emco going out of business sale. This is a local high end audio/video place. Couldnt be happier w/ purchase, all I need not to complete my A/V project is the SoundLinQ2, but that wont be 4 a while.
Old 03-16-10, 09:50 AM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow $120 for the pioneer 6 disc in-dash is super crazy low price !!! I bought mine for $459
online, free shipping. I also bought a pair of Nesa NS-62 touch screen monitors, it's a package deal with Nesa, it came with a pair of wireless headphones, 2 touch screen monitor with resolution of 1440x234 with 350 NITS for brightness. a 2 AV input device and a single din DVD player which can be controlled from the touch screen monitors. The Nesa package cost $325
Old 03-21-10, 09:11 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice! That is my next mod. I'm single, but I carry passengers at times. I envy your interior
Old 03-22-10, 02:59 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EN_VY
Very nice! That is my next mod. I'm single, but I carry passengers at times. I envy your interior
very useless mod unless you have peeps in the back often..
I wish I could sit in the back