Sponsored by:

Lexus OEM Ipod Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-09, 11:16 AM
silentbob
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus OEM Ipod Kit

for anyone who has the actual lexus oem ipod kit (not the vaistech unit), how do you like the unit? i'm trying to decide between the vaistech unit or the lexus unit. i don't care about having xm or playing videos, all i pretty much care about is ease of browsing and quality of the user interface. the vaistech unit does not allow the use of the tune dial to scroll thru artists, songs, albums, etc, so navigating thru large libraries seems like a major pain. i have heard that the lexus unit integrates the tune dial -- is that true? if so, does it make navigating any easier/faster?
thanks!
Old 06-24-09, 11:19 AM
Trav@DICE
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silentbob
for anyone who has the actual lexus oem ipod kit (not the vaistech unit), how do you like the unit? i'm trying to decide between the vaistech unit or the lexus unit. i don't care about having xm or playing videos, all i pretty much care about is ease of browsing and quality of the user interface. the vaistech unit does not allow the use of the tune dial to scroll thru artists, songs, albums, etc, so navigating thru large libraries seems like a major pain. i have heard that the lexus unit integrates the tune dial -- is that true? if so, does it make navigating any easier/faster?
thanks!
I am not really sure of what all the features and functions of the OEM unit will do. We do have quite a few Lexus/Toyota dealers use our kit for iPod into their cars. With our kit in SAT mode it will get controled from tune ****. Our kit has been upgraded to work with all the newer iPod models as well for the new charging system. The DICE kit is $169.99.
Old 06-25-09, 02:39 PM
A1Lexis
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Dice Ipod kit on my IS and I am very happy . All of the info. on my Ipod is displayed on my nav screen and is controlled by the steering wheel controls. Now I can change songs, artists, playlists, albums, volume etc. without being distracted and looking down at my Ipod as I drive.