Sponsored by:

Online Dynaudio dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-02, 05:12 AM
Bobcat
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Online Dynaudio dealer?

Are there any good Dynaudio dealers online that anybody can recommend?
Old 04-01-02, 12:18 PM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

have you tried www.buyloud.com?

I haven't ordered anything from them though...
Old 04-01-02, 06:58 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Just ordered 240 Mark II from http://www.carstereotime.com. No recommendation yet but they did e mail back that they had them in stock before I placed the order. Had to use PayPal which I am not much of a fan of (called them to place order and was told to use the net - figures). If they really are in stock, I should have them in a couple of days (better, I want to do the install this weekend). Only reservation is that if you go to the dynaudio site, they have several new 240's out including a 240 eso. No one seems to be listing the new parts yet and really I just want to get going (the 240 Mark II is also pricey enough) so I decided to just let the order go.
Old 04-01-02, 07:20 PM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

RON,

let me know if you get them okay. I'm looking to get some Dyn's also. Already have the amp ready to power em too...
That price is better than any other place I've looked.

thanks...
Old 04-01-02, 07:38 PM
victor
Rookie

Default Good Place

Hey
I bought my Dyns from "Car Stereo Time". They are a good Company and very cheap!!!!!!!!!!!! I paid $499 for my Dyns brand new?

Victor
Old 04-01-02, 08:37 PM
Bobcat
Pole Position

Those CarStereoTime dudes are cheap! I'm guessing that you buy without any warranty. Isn't that usually how it works ... if they are that cheap they are not an authorized dealer. I don't know, I'm just guessing. Anyone?
Old 04-01-02, 08:49 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

The guys I feel comfortable with on the net are the ones that tell you up front that they generally cannot pass on the factory warranty. Doesn't really bother me. If electronics don't show up DOA or die quickly, the chances of a failure are very small. In the electronics biz it is referred to as infant mortality. With electronic components, and I know I am stretching to put speakers in but what the heck, the longer they run without failing, the less chance there is of a failure. I have an intermittent front right channel that is acting like a bad connection in the door so the dyns go in this weekend. I am very comfortable going to Lexus if the problem persists and saying "I paid for the front speakers to be replaced and the problem is still there, fix it." I e mailed carstereotime and asked for availability and they had the dyns in stock, everyone else is two to three weeks. Their price is also pretty good. They are in socal and I am in nocal so they should be here in a couple of days, even UPS ground. I will let you all know when they show up, one of the strengths of this site. Now, all I have to do is make sure I know how to get the door panel off, spending time with the factory manual (not bad) and Percy's book. Only thing left will be where to stash the doggoned crossover that Percy never dealt with. Still, looking forward to it (can you spell THERAPY?) and figure that the fronts are about all I want to handle in one weekend (TRD sways and grill were yesterday and if you haven't done them, initial impressions are I have just about got bimmer ride/handling nailed with stock springs, bilsteins, and TRD sways). Life is good.
Old 04-02-02, 05:55 AM
Bobcat
Pole Position

Hey Ron:

Can't wait to hear how it goes with getting the Dyns from those guys... and how they sound!

Are you going to do any soundproofing, enclosures, etc in your doors?

Which Dyns did you order for your doors?
Old 04-02-02, 11:22 AM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

I ordered the 240 Mk IIs. I also have a variety of CAE VB2 and VB5 as well as their spray. I will see how difficult it is to get inside the door cavity and protect the outer skin and put whatever seems appropriate on the inner panel before I put it together. Also got Deflex panels for behind the speakers. All that I am counting on doing is building a baffle from 1/2" something (don't know what yet). Probably will glass it to protect from moisture and increase stiffness. Of course this all counts on everything showing up on time....
Old 04-02-02, 12:27 PM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

Smile i couldn't wait

I went ahead and ordered some too. Just couldn't wait.
Hopefully I can finish my amp and sub install before they get here.

Hey Ron, did you get a confirmation email from carstereotime or just paypal?
So far I just got one from paypal. Did you have to email carstereotime yourself?

thanks,
jonathan
Old 04-02-02, 04:42 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Hey Jonathan,

No, I have not received anything from carstereotime, just paypal. I e mailed carstereotime to send me shipping info but haven't heard anything yet. I really am not a fan of paypal. For whatever modest gain they provide as an intermediary between the consumer and the vendor, they just put a layer between the two. If I don't hear something by tomorrow, guess I will call. Hope they had at least two sets in stock.

Ron
Old 04-02-02, 09:18 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Ron,

When you install the speakers, check the spacer ring and it's position. I've had one user (fiercegs?) try the one inch spacer and it didn't work out for him. He switched over to a 3/8ths inch on top of a 1/2 inch baffle. My spacer was 1 inch and it worked out perfectly. Just something to watch out for.

Percy
Old 04-03-02, 10:41 AM
victor
Rookie

Default John and Ron

I think you will like the Speakers you get from Car Stereo Time. They were pretty fast with my delivery. I bought two sets from them.

Victor
Old 04-03-02, 11:24 AM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Uh Oh, well we'll see about the spacer. I ordered a one inch Metra but if it is too tall, I'll just cut one from the board. I see that one of the new dyn 240s is an ultra shallow mid setup. Cool but don't know when they will show up. Still wondering where to put the bloody crossover.

Carstereotime shipped the speakers already so I have no complaints. Hopefully UPS won't destroy them in shipping. Don't know why I got the "mod hots" but the standard premium system just started sounding a litte unimpressive. Strange thing to me is if you turn the volume up it gets louder but you don't hear any more detail. Don't know if that makes sense but I am used to having the stereo on for background mostly but when I want to get in to the music I crank it up and expect to hear more detail, not just loudness. Hope I am not on the slippery slope to a 15K stereo. Too old for this...
Old 04-03-02, 11:37 AM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Hey Percy, one more thing. I have a couple industrial duty double sided tapes for mounting the tweeter. Still not that crazy about it but looking at THE BOOK it really doesn't look like there is much alternative. I can't quite tell from the pictures about the mounting. Is there room to do any "angling" or are you stuck with pretty much a "flat on" installation of the tweeter? If you angle, are there any words of wisdom for positioning?

I won't try to ask anything dumb that is covered in THE BOOK. In case it hasn't been mentioned recently, if you are going to mod the stereo in a GS make your first purchase THE BOOK. I just don't like re-inventing the wheel if there is solid information available. It can be too expensive buying the parts you screw up and take toooooo long for the install. Just trying to spend an enjoyable few hours with my car and improve it to boot. As I am going for a stealth installation I don't need the skill set required for Mean Gene's setup although I do enjoy reading about it and seeing how he did it (wonder how many generations on his system have happened since THE BOOK was done?). Fiberglass doesn't scare me but getting it to acoustically work right and look like it belongs in a Lexus won't be trivial. Respect guys who have the skills....

Quick Reply: Online Dynaudio dealer?