Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

no one likes Focal here??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-02, 11:50 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I must agree with Percy about being weary of bying a speaker set for $7k not knowing anything about it. Even when you get them you do not get any real specs in the box! Some big secret I guess. They sound like nothing I have ever heard though so there must be something good about them.

It's all good Steve, when I first looked at that Seas driver I was a little dissapointed myself and later found out that they are not even a base model for Refferences. I am pretty sure some very small company makes those sets and they keep it quiet to be all exclusive.
Old 04-09-02, 08:56 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by stevie
>Now why does Morel and Dyn have the same technology?

You are probably aware that the guy who founded Morel used to be an engineer at Dynaudio.

Stevie
And Morel admits to using Dyn technology ...which is also why Morel liscenses the technology from Dyn. They're good buddies.

Percy
Old 04-09-02, 09:00 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by retrodrive
I must agree with Percy about being weary of bying a speaker set for $7k not knowing anything about it. Even when you get them you do not get any real specs in the box! Some big secret I guess. They sound like nothing I have ever heard though so there must be something good about them.

It's all good Steve, when I first looked at that Seas driver I was a little dissapointed myself and later found out that they are not even a base model for Refferences. I am pretty sure some very small company makes those sets and they keep it quiet to be all exclusive.
Retro,

For 7k$ I can buy a full set of Bruel and Kjaer studio 4000 series microphones....and they have all the calibration specs for each individual mic! And are guaranteed not to change even 1db of "drift" for over 900 years in "normal" conditions. Hey...hand them down to the great great great great grandkids...and then some more!

How did the RR's sound?

Percy
Old 04-10-02, 02:47 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have listened to them as midranges. They have very vivid and exhilarating sound. They image very well as well as they reproduce every single tone that you can not hear on any regular speakers (too faded) very accurately so you can clearly distinguish it. The best thing is that you get this crisp dry sound (they are German after all) and no sibilance or harshness at any volume. I usually listened to them when it was dark outside and if you close your eyes you get the idea that if you stretch your hand you can touch a singer (Sarah McLachlan, not Elton John, thank you). Basically it feels like the sound goes through your body. I was pretty amazed.