Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Amp Help - LS430

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-09 | 02:53 PM
Crusty
Driver School Candidate

Default Aftermarket Amp Help - LS430

1. I've searched and can't find a decent description or pics of how to run the power wire from the battery through the firewall to an aftermarket amp located in the trunk.

2. Where should I be tapping into for the remote wire?

3. I know I can tap into the rear speakers for the line output converter, but can I use the subwoofer also? If I can use the subwoofer, is there a certain way I need to be hooking up the converter?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-07-09 | 10:03 PM
Papajorgio
Advanced

the best place for the remote would be behind the radio, to the factory ignition wire, should be a small gauge gray wire, so when you turn the ignition on the radio and amp turn on at the same time, also the factory sub wires are perfect to connect a line out to, just make sure polarity is correct, you know + and - , and you'll be golden... need any more help let me know... i might be able to get the wire colors if you need them,... oh and the power wire should be ran through a grommet in the fire wall, it might be a pita if you never done it before, also if there's no grommet that you can access easily you may need to drill a hole and put a grommet yourself, there's really no easy way to run power clean unless you ghettofy it,

Last edited by Papajorgio; 07-07-09 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-07-09 | 10:57 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Originally Posted by sueno2jz
also the factory sub wires are perfect to connect a line out to, just make sure polarity is correct, you know + and - , and you'll be golden.
Use the rear speakers if you want more than just a low passed signal (bass) to get to the amp. If you're just running an amp for some subs, then grabbing it at the sub is fine. Just be sure to use a quality unit rated for at least 40 watts. Some of the cheaper ones are only rated for about 20.

Originally Posted by sueno2jz
oh and the power wire should be ran through a grommet in the fire wall, it might be a pita if you never done it before, also if there's no grommet that you can access easily you may need to drill a hole and put a grommet yourself, there's really no easy way to run power clean unless you ghettofy it,
Do a search for this portion. It's covered in a DIY thread/sticky, and I believe it has pics.

Big Mack
Old 07-08-09 | 08:28 AM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Run the power wire next to another wire going through the firewall if there's one handy. Otherwise drill a hole and get a rubber grommet from the local Hardware Hank for like 29 cents.
Old 08-11-09 | 01:43 PM
Crusty
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Big Mack
Use the rear speakers if you want more than just a low passed signal (bass) to get to the amp. If you're just running an amp for some subs, then grabbing it at the sub is fine. Just be sure to use a quality unit rated for at least 40 watts. Some of the cheaper ones are only rated for about 20.

Do a search for this portion. It's covered in a DIY thread/sticky, and I believe it has pics.

Big Mack
I'll be running the amp for a JL 10w7, so the rear sub should be fine to tap into.

I can't seem to find the pics in the DIY thread. I looked around in the engine bay and couldn't find a spot to get through the firewall. Can you point me in the right direction?

For the remote wire, can I just tap into the radio fuse?
Old 09-07-09 | 06:22 AM
scubadogg
Driver School Candidate

For the remote wire or ACC it is already in the trunk for the NAV unit and the Factory Amps.