Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

which digital capacitor do you prefer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-02, 08:27 AM
BabaBooey
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just out of curiosity, have you tried running your system yet WITHOUT a cap? Besides the fact that you may not need one, if you're drawing too much power a cap won't help you too much. I'd imagine that with the price of some of those caps *read Brax/Arc*, you'd be able to afford a new alternator, which would be a much better solution. I've known too many people getting voltage drops that go out and buy a cap expecting their system to be saved, only to end up dissapointed...
Old 04-12-02, 11:08 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was lucky to get my caps used (how lucky) for pretty cheap and I can say that they help my system big time. Withought them my lights would almost cut out when bass hits. Caps are good quick fix.
Old 04-13-02, 06:34 AM
BabaBooey
Driver

Hey man I just briefly checked out your site and I was wondering if your vehicle really needed all of that sound deadining material to stop the car from vibrating violently or if it was just to add to the SQ? Also, what amp are you runnign to your highs, I see you've got the Arc 1500dr to your MAXes, looks like a nice setup., How does your alt handle the overall load? BTW I don't mean to be a **** to you but my attitude has been a little worse lately because life's a ***** and my dad died recently and my grades have sufferedd recently and it's adding a lot of stress, not just because of my dad but because if I get below a C in math I have to take it again during the summer here in LSU but a girl that I,m practically in love with is going to be in New Orleans and none of the colleges their have the same class hours I need up here so things are really going to be ****ed up if I have to retake the class. If I give you attitude just don't worry about it, I usually give a lot of attitude to my friends, but even though you're noit my friend or anything I don't have beef with you so just blow it off.
Old 04-13-02, 06:34 AM
BabaBooey
Driver

Hey man I just briefly checked out your site and I was wondering if your vehicle really needed all of that sound deadining material to stop the car from vibrating violently or if it was just to add to the SQ? Also, what amp are you runnign to your highs, I see you've got the Arc 1500dr to your MAXes, looks like a nice setup., How does your alt handle the overall load? BTW I don't mean to be a **** to you but my attitude has been a little worse lately because life's a ***** and my dad died recently and my grades have sufferedd recently and it's adding a lot of stress, not just because of my dad but because if I get below a C in math I have to take it again during the summer here in LSU but a girl that I,m practically in love with is going to be in New Orleans and none of the colleges their have the same class hours I need up here so things are really going to be ****ed up if I have to retake the class. If I give you attitude just don't worry about it, I usually give a lot of attitude to my friends, but even though you're noit my friend or anything I don't have beef with you so just blow it off.

Feeda me crown royale
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 04-13-02, 01:12 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

I feel bad now
No man, we are absolutely cool

Anyway, sounddeadening is to keep everything inside the car, increased loudness, decrease of noise and no rattles (my last consearn). My whole front stage is powered by ARC4150 and it draws most power out of all equipment. Alternator is handling the whole load real good but even with caps if I crank it up REAL loud I can notice my lights dim a little bit. I might put in another 4150 and run extra midbass and 6.5 in kicks.
Old 04-13-02, 01:58 PM
BabaBooey
Driver

Basically, I'm just wondering
a) how many amps is your alt supporting?
b) were the rattles very bad before the sound deadening, or was it just to perfect your system?

I'm about to sell my Lex and invest the money in some other profitable businesses so as to buy the Z71 that I've always wanted (I'm a country boy, sorry fellas), so I may not even have to worry about any of those things. The Z's are built like tanks, have PLENTY of room for either horns, kicks, and mids in the doors if I don't go with kicks. Only problem would be a sub. May just go with a Brahma 10" on the floor in the back (w/ a grill so as to protect from feet) since it'll have a Qtc of .707 with a .6ft^3 box if I remember correctly. Knowing my luck, though, I'm going to get stuck with the 92 ES3 and not even get enough $ to get a system.

Last edited by BabaBooey; 04-13-02 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-13-02, 03:18 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just tryin to see if i can post pics.
Old 04-13-02, 03:42 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

2 problematic areas were and still are:
Taillight assembly
Power window controlls in driver's door.

Both still rattle when I turn it up but I am woring on fixing the whole thing. Otherwise it was pretty good stock since the car was designed with subwoofer in mind. All panels are made of thick fiberglass and every pin has rubber spacer...amazingly built car.