IS250 JL cleansweep question!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-09, 06:47 AM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS250 JL cleansweep question!

Hey guys,

I'm having my sound system installed this week (jl 12w3v3, alpine mrp-m500 in a sealed enclosure) and was wondering if its absolutely necessary that I purchase the JL cleansweep or the RF 3sixty? I talked to the guy who's doing the install if I need it and he said if I'm just running a single 12" subwoofer it will not make a difference in sound quality.

I've used the 'search' option in the 2IS forum, and read that a lot of people are using some kind of signal device due to the sound quality being poor, raspy and a lot of static.

The install shop is known for doing good work, so I want to take his word for it but want to get an opinion on CL, please let me know!

Thanks,
Yuriy
Old 08-06-09, 05:01 PM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Nothin? I know someone knows the answer to this!
Old 08-06-09, 05:32 PM
alexulan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if i'm reading this correct then this unit sits behind the factory head unit to shape the sound back to normal levels for the amps.

This sound like a waist of money.
Money better spent on a good quality Head Unit.

I'm running High / Low Level Converter from the OEM amp out to two amps and it sounds pretty good.

I'm finally going to put in a new head unit, I know the sound quality should improve tremendously.

I just don't see how you can take a crappy HeadUnit signal and "shape it" to be exceptional. for $300
Old 08-06-09, 05:59 PM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you man! By the way, i see that you are from the mother country, nu pagadi
I'm a bit aggravated that there is no aftermarket head unit installation kit made yet for the current gen IS
Old 08-06-09, 07:31 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

Both the Cleansweep and 360 (and the Audio Control LC6 or LC8) are used to sum the audio signals back together with logic 7 style systems. They do a fantastic job, and are well worth it to not lose the functionality of a factory unit (especially the nav, since it's tied into everything).

That being said - your installer is correct. You're not installing a full system - just a sub. If you were putting in a full setup, then a processor like those above would be a good way to spend $300, but it's absolutely not necessary for this job, and good for him for not telling you it is just to make you shell out. That's a business that cares about its customers. One thing - since the factory sub amp does put out a fair amount of power, you want to ensure that you are using a LOC (Line Output Converter) that is rated for higher wattage. Some are only good for about 20 watts, which will be exceeded quite easily. Might cost a few more bucks to get a better one, but it's sure better than buying a new car because the one you had just burned up in a fire.

Enjoy the sub!

Big Mack
Old 08-06-09, 11:49 PM
alexulan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexasaurus
Thank you man! By the way, i see that you are from the mother country, nu pagadi
I'm a bit aggravated that there is no aftermarket head unit installation kit made yet for the current gen IS
I feel your pain my brother.

I think the JDM DoubleDIn kit (matching oem paint) for the 2nd Gen GS took like 7 years to get here.

write L-tuned parts an email and ask them when they think they might get them. they have a kit for 1gen IS.

I know that doesn't help you.
Old 08-07-09, 12:01 AM
alexulan
Lexus Test Driver

ok never mind from reading this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...installed.html

I could see it will be a cold day in hell before you ever will see a double din KIT for the second gen IS.

Nice way to ensure that no after market deck could ever go into this car Lexus.

then again this guy squeezed one in

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-headunit.html

Make sure to check out page 2 of this thread of a look at a single din pop up someone did.

Last edited by alexulan; 08-07-09 at 12:14 AM.
Old 08-08-09, 02:14 PM
Lexasaurus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by alexulan
ok never mind from reading this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...installed.html

I could see it will be a cold day in hell before you ever will see a double din KIT for the second gen IS.

Nice way to ensure that no after market deck could ever go into this car Lexus.

then again this guy squeezed one in

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-headunit.html

Make sure to check out page 2 of this thread of a look at a single din pop up someone did.
I hate the way the first one looks! he had to put his climate controls into his door!!

As for the second one, johnyboy's car is all kinds of crazy, and he probably paid alot of money for an install like that, although when i go get this sub installed i'm going to ask for a quote on a similar install as his.

That's for the feedback guys!
Old 08-12-09, 01:08 PM
knowledge
Driver School Candidate

i have a full set up with memphis lc8 is the way to go..... with nav...