Sponsored by:

sc300 cd player install QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-09, 05:53 PM
lizmo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sc300 cd player install QUESTION

i recently bought a sc300 with the stock 12 disc changer in the trunk, i was annoyed with it not playing burned cds and how much it skipped w/ regular cds and sometimes didnt even play those.

so i put an aftermarket (1 din size) cd player in there. well... now when the cd player is on, it makes a squeeking/whining noise and gets louder when the rpm's go up and down... the person that installed it for me said it has to do w/ the stock amp and theres no way in fixing it besides getting a new cd player... does anyone else have this problem? how can i fix it, its quite annoying... can i just disconnect the stock amp?

Thanks in advance!
-Liz
Old 08-12-09, 07:29 PM
ArmanSLR
Driver School Candidate

hey just wondering did you need a wiring harness for yours and where did you get it? Im trying to swap my Nakamichi with an aftermarket and I need a wiring harness.
Old 08-12-09, 08:10 PM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most likey there was a wire harness involved People use these so they wont have to cut into the factory harness. I tried ground loop (isolators)adapters and those didnt help. I had the same-ENGINE NOISE(whistle noise, gets louder when you accelerate) when I installed my aftermarket headunit. After re-wiring the HU and taking out the wire harness all my problems went away. No more engine-ground noise...
Old 08-12-09, 08:54 PM
lizmo
Driver School Candidate

arman - yes i have a wire harness, i picked it up from best buy, told them my car and they asked if it has a stock amp i said yes so they found the one i needed..

eyesoarer - so if you didn't use the wire harness how did you hook everything up? i'm not the smartest person with wiring and electrical lol. as you can tell.
Old 08-13-09, 09:38 AM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eyesoarer - so if you didn't use the wire harness how did you hook everything up? i'm not the smartest person with wiring and electrical lol. as you can tell.
The link below has a DIY writeup that Raine provided. Your going to use the wires from the factory stereo harness and your headunits harness.

People sometimes use these aftermarket wire harnesses to prevent cutting into the factory wires/harnesses for a cleaner job, it makes it easier too because all you need to do is plug the harnesses together.

Im no professional installer and got the job done, if I can do it anyone can. The writeup is pretty detailed with pics..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...b-working.html

Last edited by 6SOARER; 08-13-09 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-13-09, 06:54 PM
lizmo
Driver School Candidate

thanks for that link!! i might try that!