Sponsored by:

Factory Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-02, 10:10 AM
GS4SHO
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Factory Speakers

Has anyone replaced their factory speakers including the 10' Sub with aftermarket speakers, using the factory amp. If so what are the best kind and how do they sound compared to factory system. ( 98 GS 400 )

Thanks guys for any inputs.
Old 04-16-02, 07:52 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really thought someone would have responded to you by now. Just so you do not feel ignored, there is a thread below as I am going though this process, with the Grand Master Percy recommended speakers for the front doors, dynaudio. That thread will tell you what I have experienced thus far. I am going to put ADS 336im in the rear doors and a dynaudio sub in the rear deck replacing all the stock speakers, then I will decide on amp. The speakers alone are making a considerable difference.

PERCY - What happened to the sticky with the ordering info for THE BOOK. Here is another candidate. GS4SHO - Our moderators have put together a manual for upgrading the stereo in the current body style GS that is highly recommended. Lots of info on component selection and installation instructions.
Old 04-18-02, 07:50 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by RON430
I really thought someone would have responded to you by now. Just so you do not feel ignored, there is a thread below as I am going though this process, with the Grand Master Percy recommended speakers for the front doors, dynaudio. That thread will tell you what I have experienced thus far. I am going to put ADS 336im in the rear doors and a dynaudio sub in the rear deck replacing all the stock speakers, then I will decide on amp. The speakers alone are making a considerable difference.

PERCY - What happened to the sticky with the ordering info for THE BOOK. Here is another candidate. GS4SHO - Our moderators have put together a manual for upgrading the stereo in the current body style GS that is highly recommended. Lots of info on component selection and installation instructions.
Hi Ron!

It was decided by the higher ups that the "sticky" notes should only stay up for a small time period, otherwise people will get oversaturated with the sticky constantly there.

GS4SHO,

Contact me either via pm or at esotar330@ameritech.net for more details. Also, what is your system goal?

Percy