Sponsored by:

Status of video on navi?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-01, 09:24 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings,

Any status update on getting full screen video on the 99-00 Lexus navigation display? I helped out months ago when you were working with the video CheeseBox, but as I remember it had a sync. problems to resolve.

Now I've been selling a few "Deluxe Video On My Navi" kits to Honda and Acura owners I'm about ready to help out the Lexus community. The new product I'm working on will incorporate a TV tuner, 2 input A/V switcher, RF modulator for audio for your factory stereo + rear video monitor output and infrared remote control. It will mount next to your navigation computer (not in the dash).

Can anyone confirm the wire connectors for the Lexus navigation computer (ECU). Are there 2? One 8 pin and one 13 pin? (counting every pins position even if no wires are attached).

Thanks,
Steve
VideoNavi@aol.com
Old 03-10-01, 10:23 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

Smile video Nav system

hey videoNav.

sounds like you have everything planned out. having a remote is what i was looking for. what is the price range and when will it be out and ready. Please let me know cause I am looking to get it installed once its ready. You can also email me if you like.

Sorry I don't have the info. that you need to complete the video for the GS but if no one post any info. I will try to get the info. for you. I've been waiting for this to come out the longest time. Its great to know that one are able to cause I'm sure that there are many buyers out there for this.
Old 03-10-01, 11:24 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

The Video On My Navi kit for Lexus will be available when I locate a M and F connector for navigation connector plug N3 (8 pin) that connects to the ECU hard drive/DVD unit and test. Your help is greatly needed!

The approximate total cost will be $425, but you will only be buying the infrared remote receiver and custom cable modifications from me @ $125-$150 (price TBD based on labor and parts cost). The actual TV tuner, A/V switcher is made by a mobile electronics company and can be purchased over the internet along with the rear window TV antenna ($60-$90). This unit also allows your video installation to be expanded later for voice control and/or Dolby Digital / DTS sound*

When I'm able to accept orders, I'll give you a model # and cheapest price found on the web. After you get your unit, you will send me the included RGB cable for modification and infrared receiver addition + payment. I'll send the kit, including instruction with your modified cable and dash mountable IR eye. Simply install it and your up and running!

*Dolby Digital/DTS may require new stereo (headunit) for full functionality, still testing.

Steve
VideoNavi@aol.com

Last edited by LS007; 03-13-01 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-11-01, 12:11 PM
Harrier
Pole Position

Steve,

I posted your question on the GS forum, since most GS people populate that forum moreso than any other. Hopefully you'll have a more immediate response.

Thanks for your effort, by the way. I know that this video issue has been eluding so many owners for so long. Please email me when you have the completed kit ready for sale. I'll put up an announcement on the GS forum, which would place your offer at the top of the threads. You can find my email address in my signature below.
Old 03-11-01, 11:56 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

Mariusz figured it out a couple weeks back. The total cost for all the materials was less than $200 i believe. I was going to do it but im saving $ for something else instead.....
Old 03-12-01, 01:29 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by VideoNavi

The approximate total cost will be $425, but you will only be buying the infrared remote receiver and custom cable modifications from me @ $125-$150 (price TBD based on labor and parts cost). The actual TV tuner, A/V switcher is made by a mobile electronics company and can be purchased over the internet along with the rear window TV antenna ($60-$90). This unit also allows your video installation to be expanded later for voice control and/or Dolby Digital / DTS sound*

When I'm able to accept orders, I'll give you a model # and cheapest price found on the web. After you get your unit, you will send me the included cable for modification and IR receiver addition + payment. I'll send the kit, including instruction with your modified cable and IR eye. Simply install it and your up and running!

*Dolby Digital/DTS may require new stereo (headunit) for full functionality, still testing.

So....... I'm semi-confused. Let me try this...

So, I'm buying a TV tuner, A/V switcher, and the TV antenna myself, with your model number and price. Then I'll mail you the cable and about 150 dollars, In return I get the modified cables and the IR remote receiver. Then I just install it at a shop right? Is that the general process?

How much should the installation cost around? I dont' have any technical background so can't do it myself. Don't want them to overcharge me!! since I'm providing all the materials.
Old 03-12-01, 05:37 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

That is right, but my price for cable modifications and IR receiver have not been set. I'll need to see exactly how long the modification takes and cost of the parts.

The TV tuner, A/V selector with built-in RF modulator to purchase is Pioneer Electronics GEX-P7000TV. Best price I've seen on the internet was www.thecameraclub.com. This unit was intended to operate with Pioneer's navigation system, but that is where my magic cable modification works for your Lexus navigation display. Don't forget the rear window TV antenna - Pioneer AN-G3.

You can probably get a quote on installing the Pioneer GEX-P7000TV unit and add 1/2 hour labor to hook it up to the navigation computer.

VideoNavi

Last edited by LS007; 03-13-01 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-22-01, 08:00 PM
AtlBrave
Driver School Candidate

Default COOL

STEVE IT'S SBLACKMALE REMEMBER ME...CHANGED THE NAME

Just sent you another message and didn't know that this was you......anyway I'M READY NOW.......I WOULD LIKE TO SEND YOU THE MONEY WHEN YOU ARE READY FOR THE WHOLE SETUP......SO I WOULD LIKE TO SEND YOU $450 OR WHATEVER AND YOU GET ALL THE PARTS READY TO GO....SO THAT I CAN GO AND GET EVERYTHING INSTALLED AT ONE TIME.........thanks

PS2 AND DVD HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH YEAH ....can I hook up 2 external moniters up to this, so that I can have in the rear headrests?

Last edited by AtlBrave; 03-22-01 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-23-01, 12:26 AM
LS007
Lead Lap

Hold up until testing is done! This should be about a week away now. Just a favor to ask of Lexus navigation unit owners and clarifications. First the favor and then the clarifying information.

1. On the 8 pin connector (one row has 3 pins and the other row 5) to your navigation computer in the trunk does it have a:

Red wire in pin 1
White wire in pin 2
Green wire in pin 4
Blue wire in pin 5
Yellow wire in pin 6

Please email VideoNavi@aol.com to confirm these wire colors. Provide your Lexus year and type with navigation computer type hard driver or DVD.

2. You won't purchase the Pioneer Electronics TV tuner with navi and A/V switching capabilities from me. You will buy this from a Pioneer car stereo retailer or on the internet (often seen on Ebay, but make sure it's new-in-box *NIB* or has all the accessory cables + remote control). Don't forget a mobile TV antenna, such as Pioneer's AN-G3 too!

More details on the Pioneer GEX-P7000TV can be found on Pioneer's web site. All features of this product apply to running on the navigation display. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pi...29,342,00.html

3. You will send me the RGB navigation cable and a payment for $125. In turn, I will send you back a modified cable with infrared eye on 18' cord to be mounted on the dash or next to navi display. The cable will have color coded wires and instructions for connection.

4. Since this design and functionality is built around Pioneer Electronics mobile GEX-P7000TV it can expanded with other Pioneer Electronic devices, such as Pioneer car stereo(s) with IP-Bus control, MD and CD IP-bus changers, AV Master units for Dolby Digital/DTS sound and 6 disc DVD changer. One design I'm testing will be Pioneer CD-VC60 for voice control and Pioneer's AVM-P9000R for Dolby Digital/DTS sound + GUI interface. Add to this Pioneer's 6 disc DVD changer and I'll probably never get out of the car!

I'll make sure to give you status updates as testing moves along.

Steve

Last edited by LS007; 03-23-01 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-23-01, 12:37 AM
LS007
Lead Lap

Also to answer that question about rear monitor support. Yes, the Pioneer GEX-P7000TV unit provides 1 set of audio/video outputs for rear monitor(s). Using the remote control on the front display you can select what source TV, VTR1, VTR2 or OFF for the rear monitor.
Old 03-24-01, 09:24 AM
AtlBrave
Driver School Candidate

Default best price

What is a good or best price on the Pioneer GEX-P7000TV unit? Looking on ebay looks like around $250?
Old 03-24-01, 11:51 AM
LS007
Lead Lap

$250 - $279 is a good price for a new one. Used ones on Ebay go for anywhere between $210 - $250. A warning on buying used ones. Make sure they have *all* the cables and acces. (cabled FM antenna unit, RGB cable, IP-Bus cable, Power wires and remote control).

Last edited by LS007; 03-24-01 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-24-01, 05:31 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

I've told you I'm designing for the Pioneer GEX-P7000TV with a custom modified cable, but let me make it perfectly clear. I'm NOT done the design and testing. For example, I'm still not able to get OSD (On Screen Display) channel numbers, video source labeling etc. It does display video on the navi screen and switch between TV, Video 1, Video 2 from the remote control!

I do know the reason why no text is present and I'm working hard on engineering a solution. I think OSD is critical for the Pioneer GEX-P7000TV to setup the unit's video inputs, RF modulator freq. and color/contrast. not to mention TV channel numbers.

Wish me luck! And don't buy a Pioneer GEX-P7000TV for your navigation screen until I give the go ahead.

Thanks,

Last edited by LS007; 03-24-01 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-25-01, 04:25 PM
AtlBrave
Driver School Candidate

Default COOL

I'll wait on ordering the Pioneer GEX-P7000TV . Was just checking on prices....BUT was going to go ahead and order one......

Thanks for keeping us posted and let us know when the go ahead is ok
Old 03-25-01, 04:59 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how much would your system cost?

Quick Reply: Status of video on navi?