Sponsored by:

CD changer "Err" (error)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-02, 11:59 PM
Balzak
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD changer "Err" (error)

Hey guys, I have a '94 ES300 and I recently had a jvc-sh99 mp3 player in my car but decided to get rid of it for the following reasons: 1) I only had the front 2 speakers working b/c i hadn't done the other wiring yet 2) I dont have the money to purchase decent speakers.

...So I sold the head unit to my brother and put back the stock system. Now, when i push the cd changer button, it stalls for a couple of seconds and then the LCD display reads, "Err"--> i assume that means error.

also when in cd mode, i went to the trunk and pushed the eject button for the 6 disk cd changer and I can hear a mechanism working for a few seconds but it stops and doesnt eject.
Another possible factor might be the harness that we created for the JVC unit. We tapped some wires to directly connect some other harness to the unit.

My brother told me that the problem is probably with the changer b/c the mechanism makes noise but doesnt eject.

if any of you had the same problem, i would greatly appreciate some tips. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-29-02, 10:13 AM
rcltrh
Driver School Candidate

I had the same problem with my 94 LS400 3 weeks ago and it was a jammed cd that had apparently stayed on the spindle when the magazine lever closed - or attempted to close anyway. What resulted was that I had to remove the cd player from the trunk and open it up then messed around for nearly 30 minutes before getting the cartridge free and the cd out. Would not recommend this unless you have patience and a good eye for mechanics as I had to spin gears and such manually to get the cartridge out since it was still locked in place. If it is like mine, the cd will be loose in one area and the gray lever will be about half way closed any may be jammed or wedged against the cd. Once I finally did get it out I saw that the center hole was frayed a little and jagged cut so I took a file and smoothed it up and it has been fine ever since. Good luck!
Old 04-29-02, 10:48 AM
kts_GS3
Lead Lap

I had a similar problem with my 95 GS300. I was getting that "ERR" message and heard that "noise" coming from the CD changer that you were talking about. My friend at the Stereo shop removed the unit and found that one of the CD's was jammed. That could be your problem.
Old 04-30-02, 02:32 PM
Balzak
Rookie

Thank you guys, you have really helped me out.