Sponsored by:

Firewall

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-02, 11:34 AM
DaBling69
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Firewall

Where is the best place to go through the firewall in a SC400? I have to run my amp wire, and I was wanting to know if anyone has found a pretty easy place to run the wire through?
Old 04-29-02, 12:59 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to get your wire thru the firewall, use the grommet in the driver's side kick panel. It's up by your left foot when you're driving ... You'll need to pull back the inner liner of the fender well using a 10mm wrench. From there you can run the wire up through the grommet into the engine bay. It works out so that you're even on the right side for the battery hook up.

search back through the forum. I've post on this before.

Enjoy... any questions, email me... jtj@tocci.net

John
Old 04-03-06, 11:36 AM
reddlexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by SupraCoup3
to get your wire thru the firewall, use the grommet in the driver's side kick panel. It's up by your left foot when you're driving ... You'll need to pull back the inner liner of the fender well using a 10mm wrench. From there you can run the wire up through the grommet into the engine bay. It works out so that you're even on the right side for the battery hook up.

John
Could someone post some pics of this? Thanks!!!
Old 04-03-06, 11:39 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by reddlexus
Could someone post some pics of this? Thanks!!!

Stick your head where your pedals are, youll get a very good picture of it.
Old 05-11-06, 07:28 AM
reddlexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by SupraCoup3

John
It seems pretty hard to get through that gromment. How do you get the wire through? Thanks!
Old 05-11-06, 10:36 PM
kratos
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran 1/0 gauge wire so there was no way I was going to share any grommet. I found a great place to drill a large hole through without any problems. Here is a pic:

From the other side you see it as a knock-out punch most likely there for LHD cars. I drilled a fairly small hole then used a step bit to make it the size I wanted. Because the hole was too small for a grommet, I wrapped the wire in heavy duty black teflon tape just in case. I also filed down the sharp edge of the hole so it wouldn't cut through the wire.
Old 05-12-06, 06:42 AM
reddlexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by kratos
I ran 1/0 gauge wire so there was no way I was going to share any grommet. I found a great place to drill a large hole through without any problems. Here is a pic:

From the other side you see it as a knock-out punch most likely there for LHD cars. I drilled a fairly small hole then used a step bit to make it the size I wanted. Because the hole was too small for a grommet, I wrapped the wire in heavy duty black teflon tape just in case. I also filed down the sharp edge of the hole so it wouldn't cut through the wire.
Where exactly did you pull the wire from on the other side, to get it inside the car?

Last edited by reddlexus; 05-12-06 at 06:48 AM.