Sponsored by:

Sc400 Questions; hopefully not redundant

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-02, 09:49 AM
jderry
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Sc400 Questions; hopefully not redundant

I was searching through the threads and after reading posts for the past hour, hopefully these questions are newer, possibly not. I only searched for SC400. Anyways, I have a couple of questions if someone wants to tackle them.

First, I was examining the wiring schematics of the SC400 Nak Hack, has anyone tried a Dig. S. Equalizer mounted a CD player above. Couldn't this control some of the imaging problems? Has anyone installed a digital spectrum equalizer?

Second, how thick is the baffle percy and mean gene created for the doors and the rear deck? What is the best material and is it a home depot or Lowe's type of buy? What were the dimensions of the baffle board you cut?

Third, do I need to be concerned with the depth of the speaker in the rear?

Fourth, what is the maximum or recommended depth of the speakers for the front?

Fifth, how thick does the spacer need to be for the front? I assume you would need one otherwise window hitting magnet = broken and not good.

Sixth, I saw your discussion on DEFLEX, but what about using heat shield material? Won't this give you the same dampening effect for a much cheaper price?

Seventh, has anyone tried to take the normal face of their STOCK system and mold it so that it is a cover that fits over the aftermarket system?

Eighth, has anyone tried the infinity perfect 12.1's? How do they sound, clear? I am after clarity and a full-range sound. I am using 12" MTX 7000 right now and hate it, it sounds like crap. I think partly because the box sucks. But, I am wondering whether someone has tried a bandpass with the infinity 12's or a ported box. I just don't see going with a sealed enclosure, I would almost guess that a free-air would give me the same type of clarity and full-range as 2 sealed 12 inchers. But, I haven't removed the stock sub yet, perhaps that will give me more range "inside" my cabin rather than rattling my damn trunk.
Old 04-30-02, 12:19 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Some good questions there, and not all have been addressed previously....

I'm certain others will chime in soon enough, but here's what I know about questions 2 and 8:

2) be sure to check out retrodrive's work on his LS400- he made one solid rear baffle for 2 ID 12" free airs. Of course, the SC gas tank keeps us from doing the same thing.

8) marcman18's recent posts show an Infinity Perfect 12 in an SC400 trunk. Almost all the Infinity Perfect postings that I have seen on sounddomain.com are for sealed box installations.