Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Is this the correct wiring harness for my 94 SC300?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-09, 01:16 PM
ALLWiTE2JZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this the correct wiring harness for my 94 SC300?

I just got this in the mail today, no retail packaging or anything, it was just sent with these 2 wiring pieces in a plain white envelope. Can you guys tell me if this is the right wiring harness for my 94 SC300? I bought the Metra 70-1761 and this is what the guy sent me. I was just making sure it is the right wiring harness since it didn't come with retail packaging, maybe he sent me the wrong one. Anyway, I don't want to tear apart my car to go and install this and have it be the wrong harness. So, here is a pic of the 2 wiring pieces I received:

There are 2 green wires and 2 purple wires on the one plug. One green and one purple have a black stripe on them and the other 2 are the solid colors.

On the other part of the harness, there is an orange wire, a yellow wire, a red wire, a blue wire, a blue wire that goes in a loop, a black wire, a white wire with a black stripe, a gray wire with a black stripe, a white wire, and a gray wire.

Does anyone know if I got the right wiring harness to hook up my Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD double-din DVD player?
Old 11-14-09, 11:26 PM
ALLWiTE2JZ
Lead Lap

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-09, 07:08 AM
ALLWiTE2JZ
Lead Lap

anyone?????
Old 11-15-09, 09:20 PM
ALLWiTE2JZ
Lead Lap

alright nevermind lets all just pretend we dont see this thread.
Old 02-15-10, 07:49 AM
turbohye
Driver

Sorry to see nobody responded. I am in the same boat and saw the part number listed on the metra site. I am also curious to see if it even helps the installation.
Old 02-15-10, 09:47 AM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your thinking about doing this you may want to think twice. I ordered the same Metra harness kit, installed it and got a lot of ground/engine noise. I tried everything to help cut the noise from switching out my grounds, to using a ground isolator but nothing helped. Still I got that annoying engine noise. So I pulled out the harness and straight wired my stereo and all the noise went bye bye. I wouldnt recommend this, you will be saving a lot of time and work.

You can also ask the guys in the audio section if you still decide to use the harness, someone may know more about it..
Old 02-15-10, 10:19 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

It looks like the correct one for your car, I trashed mine since I could not get it to work correctly. The the paired color wires are for the speakers, black is gorund, red is constant power and blue I think is remote turn on or antenna. Ditch that and wire every thing directly, you will get better quality sound.
Old 02-15-10, 06:49 PM
ALLWiTE2JZ
Lead Lap

wow this thread has been brought back from the dead lol. yeah i was wondering if this was the correct harness back in november last year and it did actually turn out to be what i needed. i got the harness off ebay for like $5 shipped. the harness fit right on the stock harness plug and i just plugged the other sides of the wires into the headunit wiring and it was good to go. worked great. so just letting you guys know for future reference, this IS the correct harness and i havent had any problems with it in the 3 months all this has been hooked up. all my wiring was pretty much color coded and easy to hook up. i installed a double din pioneer dvd player btw.
Old 02-16-10, 08:21 AM
turbohye
Driver

Originally Posted by rooticon
wow this thread has been brought back from the dead lol. yeah i was wondering if this was the correct harness back in november last year and it did actually turn out to be what i needed. i got the harness off ebay for like $5 shipped. the harness fit right on the stock harness plug and i just plugged the other sides of the wires into the headunit wiring and it was good to go. worked great. so just letting you guys know for future reference, this IS the correct harness and i havent had any problems with it in the 3 months all this has been hooked up. all my wiring was pretty much color coded and easy to hook up. i installed a double din pioneer dvd player btw.
Rooticon, Just to confirm, you bought that same harness, for use with your aftermarket headunit, and everything worked? Did your Sub work? I was almost certain anyone with the pioneer Tape/cd combo had to run extended wires to the back amp and power the sub and other speakers...... Please elaborate if you can.
thx
Old 02-16-10, 08:24 AM
turbohye
Driver

BTW, rooticon, where in MD do you live? Im in Rockville