Sponsored by:

changed all the speakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-02, 02:24 PM
j2tha0e
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changed all the speakers

okay, i changed my rear speakers in my car, (95es300) and now the back rattles hecka. thats one problem.
yesterday, i bought infinity ref602cs for the front. the setup comes with an external crossever, but when i took the door off, there were already seperate leads for the woofer and tweeter. is there anyway to use the crossover? oh...and now my doors are hecka rattling.
so, anyone know how to stop the rattling, and use my infinity crossovers? also, i got some dynamat squares and does that go under the moisture barrier or over? also, i'm using the stock pioneer HU and it sounds decent. would it make a great differance if i added an amp? i'd like to keep the stock HU, it just looks better and i have the CD changer.
what i was thinking is maybe changing out the stock amp with an aftermarket one. i've never removed my passanger seat, so i don't know what it looks like, but i'd like to know if anyone has bypassed it. anyone know the schematics of the wires? that would hella help to route another amp.

hope people can help.

current audio layout.
front: infinity reference 605cs (disconnected the 3" in the dash)
rear: infinity reference 6953i
trunk: Kicker CompVR 10" 4ohm, lighting 350w amp.

there's just a little distortion at high volumes so i think i have to use the crossovers and change the amp.
Old 05-03-02, 02:34 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

OK ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS, I THINK THE STOCK AMP HAS AN INTERNAL CROSSOVER, THAT IS WHY THERE ARE TWO SEPERATE LEADS TO THE DOOR SPEAKER S AND THE TWEETERS. MAYBE THE BEST BET IS TO GET AN EXTERNAL AMP AND U WOULD STILL BE ABLE TO USE THE STOCK HU. LET ME ASK YOU SOMTHING, I WANT TO DO THE SAME THING U DID AND REPLACE THE SPEAKERS. I LIKE THE SOUND OF THE INFINITY REFERENCE SERIES, BUT LET ME ASK YOUR OPINION ON THEM, ALSO DID JSUT PUTTIN THOSE SPEAKERS IN HAVE A DRAMATIC EFFECT. LOUDER, CLEARER, MORE BASS ETC. ? THANKS
Old 05-03-02, 04:53 PM
j2tha0e
Pole Position

the stock amp is actually an 8 channel amp, so the tweeter is already crossed over. i don't know if it's crossed over at the optimum freq for the infinity componant.
in my opinion, the infinity 6953i are great! but you don't have 6x9s in your car. the 605cs i put in the front would be the one's you'd use and as for a differance? better bass response at the volume *** below the half way point but after that, there's some distortion. the silk dome tweeter produces GREAT CLEAR highs. the speakers are rated at 90w RMS, so i think the distortion is my factory amp bogging.