Sponsored by:

Adding auto up/down window control.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-09, 08:26 AM
Scotty
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by masagsxr
Yep.. another cool writeup... I saw your remote start on another thread. Did you wire up the viper alarm as well or had the shop do it?
Thanks! Yeah, I did the remote start install. I do car electronics installations for a major electronics store chain on a very part time basis. Helps me keep current on all the latest technology.
Old 12-18-09, 11:29 AM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice... I'd like to do that some day as a hobby. Maybe I should make friends at a local alarm/stereo shop. I'm just in on it to learn and they dont really have to pay me for anything other than probably a big discount on stuff if I need something. I could do basic audio installation but would like to expand my knowledge for more from that
Old 12-18-09, 01:56 PM
GSXRMack
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always wanted to do this. Now I can, Thanks Scotty.
Old 12-18-09, 04:42 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

excellent tutorial!!
thanks for the contribution to the community!!!
Old 12-18-09, 06:53 PM
Scotty
Intermediate

Nice... I'd like to do that some day as a hobby. Maybe I should make friends at a local alarm/stereo shop. I'm just in on it to learn and they dont really have to pay me for anything other than probably a big discount on stuff if I need something. I could do basic audio installation but would like to expand my knowledge for more from that
Yeah, it started as a hobby for me a while ago. A friend of mine worked at Circuit City and allowed me to use the shop to work on my car. A short period later I was hired to do car electronics installations as well. At the time Circuit City had some excellent installers, two of ours were electrical engineers and one was on his way to becoming one. I worked there for five years, the last two part time, and rode that boat in to the ground. I took a break from installation for a little while but it's always been something I've enjoyed so I went back to it. I was fortunate to be able to find a installation job that allows me to work one day a week. You just have to make the right connections with folks in the business. And the discounts are nice too.
Old 12-18-09, 07:00 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, how much can you get me that Viper alarm shipped to CA 90650 heheheheeee
Old 12-18-09, 07:21 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Good stuff, nice job. Some of this stuff goes in the security forum like this for obvious reasons. On a side note, did you have to set your Viper to double pulse for unlock on your alarm keyless?
Old 12-18-09, 07:23 PM
Scotty
Intermediate

So, how much can you get me that Viper alarm shipped to CA 90650 heheheheeee
I wish I could give out discounts, I have a list of friends and family a mile long that would love to use my discount. eBay comes pretty close to the price I can get one of those for, keep in mind Viper doesn't warranty anything that isn't installed by an authorized dealer. A good majority of that alarm price retail is the labor ($200) that's included in the price.
Old 12-18-09, 07:46 PM
Scotty
Intermediate

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Good stuff, nice job. Some of this stuff goes in the security forum like this for obvious reasons. On a side note, did you have to set your Viper to double pulse for unlock on your alarm keyless?
Yeah, I probably should have posted this in the electronics forum. I placed it in the SC forum for the one touch capability.

My Viper is set to double pulse currently. I did use the second unlock output for a short period, so I could unlock the passenger door with a second unlock press like the factory remote, but decided I liked both doors unlocking at the same time.

If I had more foresight I could have just grabbed the lock wires on the passenger side and would be able to unlock all the doors without a second pulse.

Last edited by Scotty; 04-19-10 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-07-10, 10:24 AM
ClearP
Lead Lap

Awesome mod, is there anyway to hook this up for the sunroof as well?
Old 04-09-11, 03:15 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just did this its awesome lol....but im stuc on how to hok it up to my alarm not sure what wire to use for the viper5901 any help anyone?
Old 04-09-11, 03:21 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

heres the install manual and im pretty sure the orange one goes to the h1/12 wire on my alarm but im not sure where the red/white wire goes on tha alarm brain...

http://www.directeddealers.com/manua...2008_08web.pdf
Old 04-11-11, 06:11 AM
Scotty
Intermediate

Originally Posted by scviolence
heres the install manual and im pretty sure the orange one goes to the h1/12 wire on my alarm but im not sure where the red/white wire goes on tha alarm brain...

http://www.directeddealers.com/manua...2008_08web.pdf
Yeah, that is correct. That way when you hit the lock button on your remote it will roll up the windows.

You could also connect the orange wire to the auxiliary harness AUX 1 output and the red/white to the AUX 2. That way when you press function once on the remote and then hold the AUX button it would roll up the windows separate from lock and only for as long as you hold it. Function twice and hold AUX would open the windows for as long as you hold it.