Sponsored by:

More of..."are these any good"...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-02, 01:09 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Retro,

Just took a look at the ID ONE on the site. Impressive, but if they add a few more items it would be more flexible. The xover is only at 24db/oct, which is pretty good. But, I'm used to the Mc processor at 12db/oct or 24db/oct. It's nice to switch "on the fly" between the two. You can do some neat tricks by filling in a RTA gap by having a combo of 12 and 24 db/oct xovers. I didn't see anything about reversing the phase ... makes for quite a difference if you're running rear fil or want to do some tuning tricks.

With the processing that's going on with the ID ONE, I'm surprised they don't offer BOTH a parametric and a graphic EQ. They already have the right idea of making the processor compatible with pretty much everything on the market but a piece that is THIS serious should at least, imo, have a parametric. If a person doesn't like the parametric then ID should offer a switch or mode to get it out of parametric and have it used for graphic eq only.

Otherwise, a very nice processor. I'd like to take a look at the inside of one of these someday...give them some suggestions on how to improve their product.

Percy
Old 05-28-02, 02:14 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Actually both of those features are in there. They even had those on their older processors.
The only thing I do not like about IDONE i the release date...pissing me off sometimes. Anyway, I guess it is not a bad deal for 2 grand.
I'd really like you so look inside that thing. ID is known for their components choice. At least that is what most people with electronic engineering background say
Old 05-30-02, 07:33 AM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by retrodrive
Actually both of those features are in there. They even had those on their older processors.
The only thing I do not like about IDONE i the release date...pissing me off sometimes. Anyway, I guess it is not a bad deal for 2 grand.
I'd really like you so look inside that thing. ID is known for their components choice. At least that is what most people with electronic engineering background say
Retro,

I took another look at the ID ONE specs and all them mention are dual 30 band eq's. This leads me to believe they are "standard" graphic eqs...no parametrics. Do you think the guys at ID would incorporate a parametric?

Percy
Old 05-30-02, 10:33 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

nope. this unit is 100% digital/graphic as far as controlls go. Although I like parametrics a lil better. Just a prefferance but I am prepaird to give that up.