Sponsored by:

DIAMOND AUDIO S12-4 anyone used this before

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-10, 11:42 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default DIAMOND AUDIO S12-4 anyone used this before

anyone had experience with the diamond audio hex woofer that is made for small spaces...LINK...
http://www.diamondaudio.com/content/view/168/186/

i am trying to use this with the 4080 enclosure
http://www.4080enclosures.com/shop40...?idCategory=56
Old 01-23-10, 06:21 AM
langsdale
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

diamond audio hits HARD and thats who i would have hcosen had i not gotten sponsored. good product
Old 01-23-10, 11:25 AM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

langsdale - who is sponsoring you? JL?
Old 01-24-10, 09:35 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

alwayzspeedin, let me know if you go with the Diamond subs. I had their speakers in my 04 - loved them! I am looking to add subs to my ML system. Thanks.
Old 01-24-10, 05:35 PM
langsdale
Pole Position

CDT Audio. they make high end equipment and are kinda pricey. their entire system is good, but subs are not what they are known for. they supply a lot of OEM stuff to other manufactures building high end audio. its rediculous. im not saying it because they sponsored this project car. im saying it because its REALLY good. but diamond is no slouch, and if i had to chose ANY other equipment, including JL, etc. they would be my choice

also, i know this sounds lame, but right now JBL is making AMAZING stuff. ask anyone at any sound off show. JBL has a new formula and they arent a best buy brand anymore. they are what rockford was 13 years ago and rockford is what JBL was. its like they flipped roles. do yourself a favor and really do your homework. i wouldnt recommend them if it wasnt true. their competition stuff is insane and like CDT, VERY reliable.
hope it helps. but you are looking at the right brands.
Old 01-24-10, 06:03 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 168 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by langsdale
CDT Audio. they make high end equipment and are kinda pricey. their entire system is good, but subs are not what they are known for. they supply a lot of OEM stuff to other manufactures building high end audio. its rediculous. im not saying it because they sponsored this project car. im saying it because its REALLY good. but diamond is no slouch, and if i had to chose ANY other equipment, including JL, etc. they would be my choice

also, i know this sounds lame, but right now JBL is making AMAZING stuff. ask anyone at any sound off show. JBL has a new formula and they arent a best buy brand anymore. they are what rockford was 13 years ago and rockford is what JBL was. its like they flipped roles. do yourself a favor and really do your homework. i wouldnt recommend them if it wasnt true. their competition stuff is insane and like CDT, VERY reliable.
Interesting. One of the installers I talked to is pushing Memphis. I need to research other brands including Diamond. I was truly impressed with their speakers. The clarity was phenomenal. I was hoping their subs would also be up there. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-24-10, 06:34 PM
Percy

Langsdale - good info. JL, even at their worst, was still fairly good. Nice to see them turn into a higher end product. As for CDT, yes I've heard of them before. VERY good stuff. And they've been around for a little while.

Still gotta get you to listen to a set of Dyns...
Old 01-24-10, 07:49 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

Originally Posted by Percy
JL, even at their worst, was still fairly good.
Or JBL even

As for CDT, yes I've heard of them before. VERY good stuff. And they've been around for a little while.
They've been working very hard on improving the brand after Clif Designs was sold and virtually destroyed (IMO) as a brand. New people running things = returning to better quality.

Still gotta get you to listen to a set of Dyns...
I've heard them several times. Great speakers if you've got the dough and are planning for a large investment in a system. I've had several high end systems, and while I want in a different direction each time, Dyns were always an option that I considered.

Big Mack
Old 01-25-10, 11:24 AM
langsdale
Pole Position

all good info for you. CDT makes GREAT speakers, esp known for their HIGHS. the amps are class a/b amps, so its clean undistorted power. we hooked up a CDT amp next to some big box 3000 watt amp and CDT had it beat HANDS DOWN.

JBL is SERIOUSLY making good stuff. their competition line is insane and even their everyday dollar items beat Rockford, Memphis, etc. Memphis isnt bad, but have gotten more into how their products look than sound.
maybe this will help:
Lebron James Mercedes and his SUV? both have JBL. he was at a sound off here locally and talked with Rick at B's Car Stereo and said the same thing: "JBL? thats little league". then he heard it hit. now thats ALL he has. tell me he doesnt have to the dough to buy whatever he wants.
think about it.
joey
Old 01-25-10, 12:04 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

maybe this will help:
Lebron James Mercedes and his SUV? both have JBL. he was at a sound off here locally and talked with Rick at B's Car Stereo and said the same thing: "JBL? thats little league". then he heard it hit. now thats ALL he has. tell me he doesnt have to the dough to buy whatever he wants.
think about it.
joey
I couldn't possibly care less, nor should anyone, really, what Lebron James thinks is "good" or "bad" considering he's sponsored by them, and they have a marketing relationship. He's not buying anything put into his vehicles at that point, so his "opinion" is bought and paid for - don't kid yourself or anyone else. It's not just him, though, so I'm not bagging on him - just the idea that someone should care or think his "opinion" matters when it doesn't. Does JBL make good stuff? They have for years - that's the more telling thing. Yes, they developed a "big box" line that was less than stellar that still carried the JBL name, but at least they didn't hide behind another moniker to do so like some other companies do. Bottom line is that JBL is a big player in the game because they've done the work, much like CDT has earned that right. It's a cyclical industry, much like others (think pharma, manufacturing, and other tech, etc.).

Big Mack
Old 01-25-10, 12:07 PM
DaSyce
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I thought Diamond Audio was bought out back in 06-07, heard their quality went down hill.

I still have a old pair of TDX's from '04-'05.
Old 01-25-10, 04:52 PM
langsdale
Pole Position

fyi james isnt sponsored by jbl. i watched him stroke the check on the spot.
joe
Old 01-25-10, 09:04 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

fyi james isnt sponsored by jbl. i watched him stroke the check on the spot.
joe
Hmmm...Harman seems to think he's got a relationship with them, considering they put this on their own corporate site.

"Will Castro turned to JBL and Harman Kardon® to outfit Cleveland Cavalier forward LeBron James’ 2003 Hummer H2 with the highest quality audio equipment available."

"Our relationship with the Unique Whips crew continues to elevate the JBL brand, offering increased visibility for our high-quality equipment,” said Christopher M. Dragon, director of brand marketing, Harman Consumer Group Mobile Systems Division. “It’s an honor to have Will’s clients associated with our brand."

So when, exactly, did you see Lebron write a check after saying JBL was little league? Because this is from 4 years ago, and that would be quite an insult to them.

He may have paid for the install, but I'd be very surprised if he couldn't have someone make 2 phone calls and get whatever he wanted free.

This is way off topic, but interesting.

Big Mack
Old 01-25-10, 09:36 PM
Percy

Harman International - the same guys that own Mark Levinson. Hmmm...maybe put in some HOME Levinson gear that WORKS!!! An ML system that works and sounds awesome in the car, but home components...wow...
Old 01-26-10, 06:00 AM
langsdale
Pole Position

this was about 4 years ago, WELL BEFORE unique did anything with him. and dont let the show fool you. he REQUESTED it.
he stroked the check to Rick at b's car stereo in cleveland (when it was safe and sound which is no longer in business) after a cleveland show off downtown.
anyhow, like i said, JBL hits and is reliable

Quick Reply: DIAMOND AUDIO S12-4 anyone used this before