Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

sc400 subwoofer removal HELP!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-10, 01:16 PM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default sc400 subwoofer removal HELP!!!!!!!

ok so ive unbolted everything and have taken out all the panels but when i go to pull the sub out it wont budge, what do i do?
all answers welcome
Old 03-11-10, 05:48 PM
Scotty
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 8 Posts

Pull harder. The foam gasket on the bottom of the sub is the only thing holding it in if you have removed all the bolts. Try using a screw driver or panel removal tool and carefully pry around the edge the sub and it should come free.
Old 03-11-10, 07:28 PM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

thanks for the help just got put in my kicker sub and it sounds great
Old 03-11-10, 09:34 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

^ did you keep it in the stock location?
Old 03-12-10, 03:06 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm Going to make an assumption here and "assume" that you used a Kicker Comp 10" as your replacement.

The Kicker Comp (Not Comp VR), has a VAS of 2.27 for the 10". That will work (in theory) for an IB setup in the SC since the trunk is larger than 2.27 cubic feet.

If you are going with a Kicker 12" Comp, then you need more than 4.51 cubic feet of trunk. I feel confident in saying that it should be larger than that (although I have not personally measured it), a few additions to the trunk (luggage + golf clubs + etc) could reduce your usable volume effectively critically dampening the driver causing an overheating condition.

I'm Just posting this as a worst case scenario. Odds are that you will never encounter this problem. But, since this is what I do for a living I like to advise people of all scenarios.

Old 03-12-10, 03:29 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mkorsu
I'm Going to make an assumption here and "assume" that you used a Kicker Comp 10" as your replacement.

The Kicker Comp (Not Comp VR), has a VAS of 2.27 for the 10". That will work (in theory) for an IB setup in the SC since the trunk is larger than 2.27 cubic feet.

If you are going with a Kicker 12" Comp, then you need more than 4.51 cubic feet of trunk. I feel confident in saying that it should be larger than that (although I have not personally measured it), a few additions to the trunk (luggage + golf clubs + etc) could reduce your usable volume effectively critically dampening the driver causing an overheating condition.

I'm Just posting this as a worst case scenario. Odds are that you will never encounter this problem. But, since this is what I do for a living I like to advise people of all scenarios.

While I agree with you that giving the possibilities is good, it's not really an assumption that the trunk is more than 4.51 cu ft, which is essentially 18 x 18 x 24. You could probably put about 8 boxes that size in the trunk of the car! Even if you have golf clubs and luggage in there, you're not going to fill it up beyond where the lip of the trunk is, and with the indentations and space above the lip level, given that it may only be 3", but it's also about 2.5 feet in depth and 4 feet wide, that's still 2.5 cu ft, of which you aren't going to be fill every crevice in the trunk. This is one of the things that makes IB subs so attractive - unless you fill the trunk area with bean bag chairs that mold to whatever shape they are put into, you're usually pretty good in terms of available volume.

Good job on getting it done, mang. DIY always feels nice when it works out and sounds good!

Big Mack
Old 03-12-10, 03:36 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Mack
While I agree with you that giving the possibilities is good, it's not really an assumption that the trunk is more than 4.51 cu ft, which is essentially 18 x 18 x 24. You could probably put about 8 boxes that size in the trunk of the car! Even if you have golf clubs and luggage in there, you're not going to fill it up beyond where the lip of the trunk is, and with the indentations and space above the lip level, given that it may only be 3", but it's also about 2.5 feet in depth and 4 feet wide, that's still 2.5 cu ft, of which you aren't going to be fill every crevice in the trunk. This is one of the things that makes IB subs so attractive - unless you fill the trunk area with bean bag chairs that mold to whatever shape they are put into, you're usually pretty good in terms of available volume.

Good job on getting it done, mang. DIY always feels nice when it works out and sounds good!

Big Mack
You are right Mack. I was just playing Devil's Advocate!
Old 03-12-10, 03:49 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by mkorsu
You are right Mack. I was just playing Devil's Advocate!
I hear you, mang. Just don't want anyone getting the wrong thought on being able to use their trunk.

I got your PM, too. I'll get back to you later tonight.

Big Mack