Sponsored by:

RCA line convertor ouput quality

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-10, 08:29 AM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RCA line convertor ouput quality

I will be purchasing soon a RCA convertor to swap the OEM sub to an aftermarket amp and sealed sub. Any recommendations on a good quality one or it all the same for sub usage. I was thinking of going with David Navone one, but it is expensive.

Anything i should know about before buying a new one, like wattage capacity or else ? I have a monoblock amp that can accept a pair of RCA, no inline speakers lines.

thanks.
Old 03-13-10, 09:26 AM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Search is your friend, mang. There have been several discussions (many of which I was involved in, so I know ). Do a search for a LOC, and you will find gold.

One thing to consider is possibly buying more than you need in case you ever decided to do a full upgrade. If you know that the rest of the system will meet your needs, then by all means just the LOC for the sub, but if you think you may do a full blown system, getting something like a Cleansweep, 360, or DQL-8 will do it up nicely.

Big Mack
Old 03-13-10, 10:21 AM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did some searching in audio forums and no straigth answer on good quality LOC, they seems to diverge the answer to a new radio deck or expensive LOC.

My intention is simple, only upgrade the OEM sub, nothing else, I have the ML. I simply don't want the LOC to lower the sound quality of the sub, that's all and wonder if quality of LOC is measure for durability or keeping the SQ, that is where i didn't find the answer.

What will be the best buy for my simple usage ?
Old 03-13-10, 03:08 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Blueshark
I did some searching in audio forums and no straigth answer on good quality LOC, they seems to diverge the answer to a new radio deck or expensive LOC.

My intention is simple, only upgrade the OEM sub, nothing else, I have the ML. I simply don't want the LOC to lower the sound quality of the sub, that's all and wonder if quality of LOC is measure for durability or keeping the SQ, that is where i didn't find the answer.

What will be the best buy for my simple usage ?
I meant for you to search here, not all over the interwebs.

Discussion

That's a good unit. Certainly not the $19 special you find at Walmart, but it's also much better quality, rated for higher wattage, and will serve your purpose. Be prepared - after the signal goes analog, it's not going to improve. This unit does a good job, and since it's just bass, you shouldn't really notice a large degradation in quality.

Big Mack