Sponsored by:

competition?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-02, 03:01 PM
LexPro
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default competition?

Anyone enter their Lexus in USAC, IASCA, or any other sanctioning bodies?
Old 06-03-02, 05:44 PM
shftup
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IASCA

I will be, just finishing up a 2 month install. I have been very active in the last 2 years in IASCA, went down to worlds finals in 2000, and placed 11th. And I plan to compete competitively again.

and you?
Old 06-04-02, 06:37 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Our Area

Dan - You're probably gonna find a lot more USAC events down here in our Southern area as we pretty much pioneered the "crank-it-up" back in the early 80's. Unfortunately, it was purely SPL & SQ just never has seemed to take hold down here. It's kinda tough to make enough points to qualify for the IASCA Nationals ( IASCA's more for SQ than SPL ) &, IMO, the GS doesn't yield itself to creating lots of pressure. I've gotten mid 140's ( which is enough to get decent points for competition ) & could get more IF I'd render the trunk totally useless by filling it with a larger enclosure. It's just getting tougher to compete with a true "daily driver" so I'm getting further away from the challenge myself. BTW - I competed the last 2 years in USAC's Novice 601+ power class ( with my '99 GS4 ) & did quite well on the local, state & regional levels. However, the National level brings into play the heavily sponsored "big boyz" & full blown fiberglass installs & lots of motorization!:eek: Beautiful systems but not practical for MY lifestyle. Still, U can pick up plenty of good install ideas at these events so I'd suggest checking out a few.