Sponsored by:

Dynaudio Crossover Points..Percy Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-02, 09:45 AM
fierce gs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynaudio Crossover Points..Percy Help

ok i need to set the crossover settings for my amps now. It doesnt have to be perfect. I just want it set so i could break in everything for a week before I take it to some guy I know who does an awesome job with setting it up...

I got 3 amps:

Amp A: 2x200 watts powering dynaudio mk240 components in front

Amp C: 2x80 watts powering mw160's in rear

Amp D: 2x125 watts bridged powering Infinity Perfect 12'' sub.

All the amps are PPI amps..
I know the xover settings depend from install to install, but again it doesnt have to be perfect....i just dont want some setting that sends too much highs to the mids, or not enough highs to the tweets, or something and blow something during break in..

Please let me know what setting i should choose for each amp:

Crossover Select Switch: HP, LP, or FULL?

Crossover Frequency: 30 - 4k?

Gains: (ill just set these at a quarter way on low)

-12dB Attenuation: supposed to be pushed in for high volatge input..Im assuming i leave it pushed out since im running rcas..

QBASS Control: 0-18 dB
QBASS frequency: 30,36,44, or 60Hz

And I assume it doesnt matter what the output crossver is set to, since im not running any rca's out to another amp?

ok sorry about the long post, but I want to get these settings the best I could for each amp (A,B, and C) until I get it professionally done. (i trust a guys ears thats been doing this for a decade, over mine, and its free too =))

ok thanks,
allen
Old 06-05-02, 02:12 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Dynaudio Crossover Points..Percy Help

Fierce one...

You didn't read my book yet, did you? (j/k)

Ok...here goes....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fierce gs
[B]ok i need to set the crossover settings for my amps now. It doesnt have to be perfect. I just want it set so i could break in everything for a week before I take it to some guy I know who does an awesome job with setting it up...

I got 3 amps:

Amp A: 2x200 watts powering dynaudio mk240 components in front ****Set this for FULL if you're using the Dyn crossovers. Or you can High Pass these at around 50hz or something close.***

Amp C: 2x80 watts powering mw160's in rear ***Full pass or if you have a high pass around 50hz, then that'll also work.***

Amp D: 2x125 watts bridged powering Infinity Perfect 12'' sub. ***LOW PASS these guys. Anything below 80hz will do fine.***

All the amps are PPI amps..
I know the xover settings depend from install to install, but again it doesnt have to be perfect....i just dont want some setting that sends too much highs to the mids, or not enough highs to the tweets, or something and blow something during break in..

Please let me know what setting i should choose for each amp:

Gains: (ill just set these at a quarter way on low)
***That'll do fine***

-12dB Attenuation: supposed to be pushed in for high volatge input..Im assuming i leave it pushed out since im running rcas..
***Good also***

QBASS Control: 0-18 dB
QBASS frequency: 30,36,44, or 60Hz
***Try 60 first, then the others. All depends on what you like. Use your ears as they're usually the best judgement.***

And I assume it doesnt matter what the output crossver is set to, since im not running any rca's out to another amp?
***Yep. You got it.***

ok sorry about the long post, but I want to get these settings the best I could for each amp (A,B, and C) until I get it professionally done. (i trust a guys ears thats been doing this for a decade, over mine, and its free too =))
***Cool! Use him as a resource and LEARN from him. IOW...get his advice and then apply it so you know how to do it next time.***

Percy