Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Alpine AiNet from XM Radio Tuner...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-02, 01:39 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Question Alpine AiNet from XM Radio Tuner...

Anyone have a way to get good ol' analog audio from the Alpine AiNet interface? It is the only output of the Alpine XM Radio tuner (unless I'm grossly mistaken). I really don't want the FM modulator (the controller is fine, skip the modulation), but before I buy one and rip one apart and try to find a place to pick up either analog or digital audio and add some home-brew op-amps and/or d-a's in the process, thought I'd check to see if there's an easier way. Aftermarket?

If I remember - klrtunz is from Alpine and may monitor this site - what's up? *Shame on Alpine for not putting in RCA's for output.* Don't make me go out and buy an Alpine head unit just for this!

eng
Old 06-07-02, 04:08 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Same thing with another guy named "headunit". One of the Alpine F#1 Status designers. 4 grand for a processor that only works completely with their 3+ grand head unit. Yeeks!

Some of the better shops will have pinouts of Alpine AiNet. They're in a reference book published BY Alpine. I forgot the exact pinouts (would be crazy to memorize all of them....hey...something to do!)

Percy