Sponsored by:

My Avic D3

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-10, 07:30 PM
jeepandlex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Avic D3

Maybe I'll post some pics tomorrow, but I just finished putting a D3 in wifey's 98GS3. What a PITA!!! I was there for more than 5 hours. But that was including breaks, beer, chinese, andwatchin an old Three Stooges marathon from 93' on vhs. Fresh from the body shop, I repaired a faulty connection in the LF door.....the tweeter was working but then stopped......I had no sound at all when I started. Keep in mind that all of the speaker worked before it went in for work.
I had an AVIC sitting on my shelf when the LED went bad on the factory radio, so what the hell? Right? Basically I had to make a harness, tie into the existing speaker wires(using this site ofcourse) removed the factory CD changer....cause now the AVIC has over 300 songs on the IPOD. I literally dusted off an old Rockford Fosgate punch 50 amp and mounted it in place of the changer. While I was at it, I changed the cabin air filter....../wow that thing was dirty!!!! The only downside is when my XM receiver and bluetooth adaptor comes, I have to partially breakdown the system again.......If you happen to come across an installer willing install an aftermarket radio in your LEX for a fast HUN, then do it!!! It's worth it. I'm happy with the install, but it was a BIATCH getting that thing in there...