Sponsored by:

Where do the harnesses end?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-10, 09:57 PM
boobstar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do the harnesses end?!?

I have a 97 SC300 that came with the pioneer 2 amp setup with a cd changer. I have since had a half dozen different head units in there and nothing of the original radio is left in there with the exception of my factory harnesses that have been hacked to death. I am trying to either repair or replace my factory harness so that any new installs moving forward would be done on an aftermarket harness so that I can do much cleaner installs and match wires up easier. What I would like to know is where do the harnesses plug in the car. I know the one end will obviously be in the back of the radio but where do the other ends end? Also since I have an after market amp, head unit, speakers and no cd changer anymore couldnt I just completely remove those whole harnesses to give myself some room to work with behind the center console. Any help would be appreciated, obviously visuals would be the best. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-12-10, 12:24 PM
boobstar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright well I located where they all plug into the car and tried to clean them up as best i could. The biggest problem I am facing now is the fact that the main radio harness was cut and there is wires that are now tied in from that harness to wires of another harness. What I really want to do is just bring the harnesses back to stock basically. can anyone see any problem why I wouldnt be able to and also again if once they are back together can I remove some of them?