Sponsored by:

Subs cut out?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-10, 09:50 PM
repetedb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subs cut out?

So i just put in some subs and everything on my deck is put to give out max kick but the subs cut out than i have to turn the deck off and than on to get it to work.

i tuned down the deck and it hasnt given me trouble so far anything thoughts on why this is happening or how to adjust by rms or stuff like that
Old 05-21-10, 11:13 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to a fellow Minnesotan! There can be many reasons the sub would shut off, we'll need some more info to narrow it down.

Some info on the head unit, sub, and amp; how the sub is wired, and how you've set the gain on the amp would help.

Does it cut out right away or after you've been playing it for a little while? Are your other speakers run off an amp too or just the sub? Does just the sub cut out? Do you have either the gain or the bass boost cranked all or most of the way up? What have you turned down on the deck that helped with the problem?

The most likely causes of an amp shutting down temporarily are heat and voltage drop. Excessive heat will be generated if the gain on the amp or bass boost sort of stuff on the HU are set too high, if this is the case you've got a good chance of frying the voice coils on the sub sooner or later.

There are other possibilities such as the ohm load being too low for teh amp to handle among others but some more info should help narrow it down a little.
Old 05-23-10, 03:56 PM
repetedb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sony xplod cdx-gt24w head unit with 2 12" inch kenwoods and a sony xplod amp both 1200 watts what else?
Old 06-03-10, 08:04 AM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wat gauge wires are u using? might not be gettin enuff power to amp also check ur amp make sure its throwing out enuff voltage, also wat u can do is called the big 3, this consists of using thicker wires for ur alternator to the battery and also a thicker ground cable from ur battery to the chassis of ur car then running a thicker power wire to ur amps