Default i have an interesting problem/s w/cd changer

in my 06 gx 470 i have:
ML sound system
nav w/bluetooth
aftermarket DVD player
cd changer
ultimate lockpick 1
VAIS SL2xmt

now here's the problem.....when i got my gx in april it came with a siruis unit in it and it was run through one of those FM antenna gadgets the type that pipes the signal directly through the antenna(not an FM modulator) before i did anything to the system the sirius unit worked but the cd changer in the glove compartment did not. whenever i tried playing a cd i would get "EXTERNAL DEVICE NOT CONNECTED" i checked and doublechecked everything and it all appears to be in order. the cd changer ejects the magazine when i open the door to it but the system refuses to acknowledge it.

i installed my ultimate lockpick 1 with no issues, i removed the sirius unit and the FM gadget no problem but the CD changer still does not work. the ultimate lockpick gives me the ability to connect an external device and now the system "thinks" i have a DVD player installed. so now when i hit the CD button the screen goes to the DVD screen. that's all good and well but i'd still like to listen to some of my old CDs. WTF?!?!?

this leads to my next problem......with the VAIS SL2xmt i have it installed (i used the soundlinq2 20-pin y-harness) properly but my system refuses to even recognize it. i can't even get to the point where i set up the emulation mode.......where you have the key turned to ACC and you wait for a long beep then a few short beeps......

i have researched the hell out of my 2 problems and haven't really found any answers. does anyone have any insight, pointers, possible answers? i seem to have all the stuff set up but something is obviously amiss. and yes i do have the XM antenna, mini tuner interface adapter, the mini tuner dock+the mini tuner cartridge installed.

for now i'm using my old roady XT with a cassette adapter but i don't like the clutter on my center console and would love to be able to use my steering wheel controls

any help would greatly be appreciated. thanks in advance
Old 07-22-10, 01:33 PM
LZMF1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since noone came forward with any advice or insight i called VAIS and they walked me through the process of setting up the emulation mode and as it turns out the SL2xmt has a bad memory module in it and loses the emulation settings as soon as i turn the vehicle off. it'll cost me 40 bucks to have it repaired.....chump change compared to getting a new one.

as for the cd changer i'm still at a loss on that one. i have to figure out the proper way to add a logical device to the factory system....maybe someone can help me with that?