Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Why Arent My Subs Performing Well in My 07 IS250?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-10, 08:05 PM
DJOverdose
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Arent My Subs Performing Well in My 07 IS250?

i just bought a 2007 IS250 fully loaded with GPS the whole everything. i also bought 2 JL Audio 10 inch W6's along with a 4 channel amp. i took it down to my local stereo shop got them installed and everything, but the sound is just awful, highs suck, mids suck, and the bass hits are very nasty sounding. ive messed around with the highs and such but its still not sounding very well. i told the stereo place and they said that its harder to put subs in newer cars like mine which i think is bull****. what could be some problems for them sounding so poorly? please all help is needed, i need my bass lol
Old 08-05-10, 08:21 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhaps the bass is just overpowering your stock speakers? If so, you will have to switch to better, aftermarket components. As far as bass is concerned, the box design is also very important. Its not just a matter of throwing in big subs in your trunk. Rattles is another issue you have to overcome and get rid of. I wish I could help you out more but I'm no expert. I'm sure more knowledgeable members will chime in. Goodluck
Old 08-05-10, 08:46 PM
DJOverdose
Driver School Candidate

cool thank you. im thinking i need to change my speakers as well
Old 08-06-10, 07:15 AM
veleno
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recommend you not take it to that shop anymore, or recommend anyone else to go there.

First, what specific brand/model amp do you have?

Second, pictures of the wire connections at the amp would help.

Third, what work did they charge you for?

Fourth, was the amp and subs brand new?
Old 08-06-10, 12:15 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

I would fix the issues with the subs first, then address the interior speakers. They get pretty loud, so if the bass was managed better and done properly, you may not need to upgrade them just yet.

I second the questions veleno is asking, and think perhaps they used a prefab box instead of one built for the JL's. The wiring is always a concern, as most four channel amps are not stable below 4 ohms on each side unless specifically designed to be brought down.

I definitely would not encourage anyone to visit that same shop if they didn't ensure it was done properly from the start. If it sounds this bad to you, it should have sounded worse to them, if only because they should be hearing it done properly on a daily basis. That means they're not hearing it on a daily basis, and that's never good for a shop.

Big Mack