3sixty.1 with pg ti amp and jl sub

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-10, 12:19 PM
bluerex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3sixty.1 with pg ti amp and jl sub

hey guys,

i guess i want people to chime in as to what they think of my plans.

i have a 04LS with ML system in it. before we get into it, this is not a discussion as to whether the ml system is great or if it sucks. but rather i wanted to know what you guys think.

i want to run oem nav/radio with oem ML speakers. i want some more bass so i'm taking the stock sub out so there is some port for flow.

i want to run 3sixty.1 (as i understand 3sixty.2 is more competition use and i dont really need it for my purpose)

with phoenix gold ti amp 600.2 (i had it lying around)

with 12 jlw3v2

what do you guys think? would it sound good? i hear this issue with "hissing" on the 3sixty, would that affect me?

thanks for any help
Old 08-15-10, 02:08 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Why are you going to the expense of a 360 when you are not going to use hardly any of it? A simple LOC will do the job, and be much, MUCH cheaper - and far less problematic in terms of potential issues.

I would recommend getting that instead of shelling out for the expensive processor since you want to keep the deck/speakers and just add some bump.

As for how it will sound, it's predicated on a lot of different things, so no one can really tell you it will sound good/bad until you do the work. I suggest building a quality box, ensuring it can withstand what you will want it to, and use good quality accessories for wiring and finish. It's a fairly simple project, but can be very fulfilling.

Good luck and post pics!

Big Mack
Old 08-16-10, 11:57 AM
bluerex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Mack
Why are you going to the expense of a 360 when you are not going to use hardly any of it? A simple LOC will do the job, and be much, MUCH cheaper - and far less problematic in terms of potential issues.

I would recommend getting that instead of shelling out for the expensive processor since you want to keep the deck/speakers and just add some bump.

As for how it will sound, it's predicated on a lot of different things, so no one can really tell you it will sound good/bad until you do the work. I suggest building a quality box, ensuring it can withstand what you will want it to, and use good quality accessories for wiring and finish. It's a fairly simple project, but can be very fulfilling.

Good luck and post pics!

Big Mack
thanks Big Mack,

From what my buddy told me, he's ran a few lexuses (is that even a word?)
with cheap line converters and even the clean sweep from JL and said that i wotn be happy with it. keep in mind he is referring to the system he did with oem HU; aftermarket HU doesnt require it. he even offered to give me a spare clean sweep he had. he says to do it right and to have the sub sound right with my stock ML deck and speakers; he suggest a 3sixty.2.

he says he'll be happy to install it however i want. i've known him for 10 years and i know he's been installing systems for a longer than that. its just hes doing me a favor and i'd hate to have him do it with a cheap line converter and then waste his time again and install a 3sixty. from your experience, would the 20 dollar line converter or clean sweep sound just as good? or close?
Old 08-16-10, 11:14 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

A cheap LOC can sound cheap if it's not made well. If you buy a quality unit (IE - not the $10 one), it will be fine. While I respect your friend's opinion, it's a bass upgrade, not a full range setup that requires summing and crossover function. Keeping in mind that the 360 cannot improve the sound coming from the stock amp, nor can a regular LOC, I always find these types of statements incredulous.

I've installed tons of LOC's, and the cheapies usually have very little flexibility, very few options, and are typically made to work with a basic factory radio's outputs NOT an amped system like in the Lexi (that's how you pluralize it ).

I suggest the LOCX from Soundgate. It is rated for 85 watts of input, and offers some flexibility for your application. Available at Amazon and a few others for relatively cheap.

This is really a very basic upgrade that should not require a $500 processor to accomplish. As nice as it would be to have it, unless you plan on doing a full system upgrade later on, it's way overkill like I said before.

Big Mack