Wanted: Stock Lexus Gs Head

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-02, 04:47 AM
Ira Senoff
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wanted: Stock Lexus Gs Head

Hey,

Isn't that thread a surprise request? Really looking for a stock head w/ faceplate in great condition, don't care if the head unit itself is operable. Will be doing the old car audio trick - remove faceplate to make security cover for my new Pioneer P9 head and Zapco 9.0 amplifier controller. If you got one, call me. 732 266 1169. Let me know how much.......

Ira
Old 07-18-02, 06:50 AM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Ira,

Just out of curiousity, what happened to the original head unit? I just called up Lexus and they want several grand just for the unit itself. Ridiculous price! You could buy the big McIntosh amp for the price they want!

Are there any junkyards nearby? Better yet, if it's possible, get two head units. One for your project and another one to return the car to stock condition at trade in time.

Percy
Old 07-18-02, 08:30 AM
Ira Senoff
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My factory head is intact and I want it to remain that way. Hence, the reason I want one that looks great but doesn't play.

Anyone that is into cg graphic. Could a realistic looking photographic reproduction of the headunit be made, both in size and color, then lay the photo onto a piece of ABS that is cut to fit over my new equipment that I want to recess in the stock location....