Sponsored by:

Please Help!! Tv Install Rx300

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-02, 05:46 PM
RXON20S
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help!! Tv Install Rx300

I have three lcd monitors and a mobile dvd player. Two are going in the headrests and one in the visor. I already have all of the monitors installed. That was the hard part, at least I thought. First thing, I cannot get behind my radio to connect the fm modulator. I have no clue on how to get behind the dash. Second thing, I do not know how to run the wires down the seats. The head of the video cables are too big to run down the headrest hole (the hole in the seat where the headrest slides into). I live in a small town and the audio shop near me wants $410 just to run the wires and I did all of the work. If you can help, let me know.
Old 07-19-02, 08:41 AM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

to get behind the dash, forst pop off the wood panel. start from either the bottom or the top. it takes some force but dont worry, it jsut pops out, no screws. try using a long slotted screw driver. then after that is out (you might have to put the car in drive to remove it over the shifter) there are 4 bolts on the side of the stereo/lcd screen. after those 4 are out. with a little tug the whole dash piece (stereo, screen, and top of dash) pop off. thats its. any questions let me know. hope this helps. oh also there are some older posts and pics i believe. so try checkign that. now i ask u for a favor. lets see some pics of the screens and RX. i have a tv too. i put mine on my dash (right corner by tweeter) in my old lex. but now i dont know where i want to put it in my new rx. i was thinking of getting that $50 center cosole from crutchfield for our truck to fit the tv. but it doesnt come in black. only gray and tan. wtf. lol
Old 07-19-02, 05:31 PM
RXON20S
Driver School Candidate

Default TV install

Thanks for the advice. I will try that. One more thing, I cannot find a hole in the firewall to run a power wire (from the battery). Do you know where one is?