Sponsored by:

wtf? serious audio issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-10, 10:42 AM
Bobbyg430
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtf? serious audio issues

hey guys im new to the forum so bare with me.....i have a 2001 gs430 w/ML...well i recently decided it was time for some subs bc they guy who i baught it from decided to take the stock sub out nd leave me with nothing but a hole in the rear deck nd a high low converter...after having the car for a couple weeks the high low melted....i put 2 mtx 12's on a 250 watt amp nd been having nothing but problems ever since.

It burned the resisters in 5 different high low converters with in a 1 month period....i went to 4 different audio stores nd none of them have ever encountered this b4.....i searched to every forum nd found absolutly nothing...if n e one has n e info to help me out i would greatly appreciate it!!!
Old 09-25-10, 10:46 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Bobbyg430
It burned the resisters in 5 different high low converters with in a 1 month period....i went to 4 different audio stores nd none of them have ever encountered this b4.....
They are incompetent - do not go back. If they've never encountered someone burning up a LOC on a sub amp output that is higher than the rating, they are not an audio shop, they are clerks in a storefront. Period.

Originally Posted by Bobbyg430
i searched to every forum nd found absolutly nothing...if n e one has n e info to help me out i would greatly appreciate it!!!
You did not search here. I went into detail several times on this very issue. I will not search for you, but suffice it to say that if you buy a better quality LOC, follow the instructions for hooking it up, and connect everything correctly, it does work. Several members in recent months have done it with great success.

I will offer this suggestion - LOCX from Soundgate. Not terribly expensive, rated to accept the power level the amp hits, and should solve your problem.

Welcome to the forums, too, BTW!

Big Mack
Old 09-28-10, 07:00 PM
fenderzig
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Mack
They are incompetent - do not go back. If they've never encountered someone burning up a LOC on a sub amp output that is higher than the rating, they are not an audio shop, they are clerks in a storefront. Period.

You did not search here. I went into detail several times on this very issue. I will not search for you, but suffice it to say that if you buy a better quality LOC, follow the instructions for hooking it up, and connect everything correctly, it does work. Several members in recent months have done it with great success.

I will offer this suggestion - LOCX from Soundgate. Not terribly expensive, rated to accept the power level the amp hits, and should solve your problem.

Welcome to the forums, too, BTW!

Big Mack

^^^Listen to this guy! He knows what he's talking about and his resume ain't to shabby either Welcome to the forum, bro!