Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Where do you guys buy your Audio gear online from?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-10, 11:49 PM
ric4044
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do you guys buy your Audio gear online from?

I have a 93SC400 and I am looking to do some simple Audio upgrades. Other than Crutchfield, where/what are some good sites with reasonable prices?
I already have an Alpine CDE-102 that I plan to use deck, any recommendations on what 6 1/2's to use on the front doors/rear deck. (I am probably not going to install a sub, for now) Thanks for the advice guys.......
Old 10-08-10, 12:09 AM
egggy
Driver School Candidate

budget?

check out woofersetc and sonicelectronix
Old 10-08-10, 07:10 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ric4044
I have a 93SC400 and I am looking to do some simple Audio upgrades. Other than Crutchfield, where/what are some good sites with reasonable prices?
I already have an Alpine CDE-102 that I plan to use deck, any recommendations on what 6 1/2's to use on the front doors/rear deck. (I am probably not going to install a sub, for now) Thanks for the advice guys.......
crutchfiedl is only good to look around and read but dont buy there. everything is overpriced.

ive purchased a few things from Sonic Electronix. but shop around. sometimes its better to just buy something local to avoid shipping costs

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/
Old 10-09-10, 07:04 AM
fenderzig
Pole Position

You might want to check out....but these are only if you really want to buy new. Most of the stuff I've bought came from ebay or craigslist.

www.onlinecarstereo.com

www.techronics.com

I've bought stuff from both of these sites.
Old 10-09-10, 07:58 AM
ric4044
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the info guys....techronics definitely has some cheap prices...
Old 10-13-10, 10:42 AM
iceman76
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The problem with buying from some of these sites is that the product doesn't come with a manufacturer's warranty. Crutchfield is overpriced but does come with the warranty. I.E. My eclipse h/u has a 3 yr warranty when bought from an authorized dealer and installed by an authorized installer. I know some may not care and just want it cheaper at the time, but why buy something now to replace it in less than a yr b/c it's broke. Then you have to buy a replacement. I don't know. Just my $.02.
Old 10-13-10, 03:52 PM
maximus54
Driver

buy from sonic electronix and add the optional square trade extended warranty. The 3 year warranty is only $50 for a $400 purchase.
Old 10-13-10, 11:48 PM
PK_Celsior
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/
http://www.edesignaudio.com/

if you want legit audio stuff for a reasonable price
Old 10-14-10, 02:28 AM
speeds27
Rookie

If you're worried about warranty, i would suggest getting it from a local authorized retailer or online at crutchfield. A local store will give some help with troubles, and crutchfield will also give you a install manual and any adapters you might need. You do pay full retail, but you also get the full warranty.

If you're looking for the cheapest then i would suggest e b a y. It's the cheapest you'll get, but 9 out of 10 times it won't come with a manufacture warranty. Most do come with a DOA (dead on arrival) though, so at least when you get it, you can install it and if it doesn't work, return it.

You also have to becareful with refurbished products, most only come with a 90 day warranty. I would stay away from refurbished, i've bought a few things, and they always end up having problems.

As far as other sights such as sonic electronix, they're great and come with a warranty, but it's through the website and not through the manufacturer. And like Maximus54 said, you can always get square trade extended warranty, (also available on e b a y products) but i've never dealt with a warranty claim, so i don't know how that is. But i did deal with a inhouse warranty claim at circuit city, and it was pain. They wanted a copy of the original receipt. They claimed the warranty period was over, so i scanned it to prove that it was still under warranty, then they gave me the run around.

GL with audio gear. Another option is to buy used, but you also need to be careful there.
Old 10-14-10, 09:18 AM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

Sonic Electronix is a good dealer. I've bought a lot of components short of the actual headunit from them. Great selection and they price match.

Regarding headunits, I've bought on Amazon from Amazon as well as from small no-name places. You really have to be careful because you often don't get a warranty.

My friend bought a refurb Avic F700bt on ebay and so far hasn't had any issue's. But you really can't go off of one person's experience. Honestly, you're taking a risk buying something like that as a refurb off ebay.

Craigslist is another decent option. I saw some really nice used units on there. Often the seller even has it still installed in the car so you can test it out before buying it. Again though that's really risky.

Basically, it boils down to whether you want that warranty or not. If you can live without it and don't mind taking a risk, you can find a potentially great unit for cheap. Good Luck.
Old 10-14-10, 12:37 PM
speeds27
Rookie

Good Point GoodRevs, used is another option that saves money. I bought and sold a bunch of used stuff on craigslist and diymobileaudio.com But you do have to be careful and buy from a reputable seller. When i buy or sell on craigslist, i always test it out before exchanging cash.
Old 10-17-10, 08:05 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Where is the best place to get sound dampening? Ie. Dynamat or similar products...
Old 10-17-10, 03:22 PM
maximus54
Driver

Originally Posted by xsh0tya
Where is the best place to get sound dampening? Ie. Dynamat or similar products...
For dynamat the internet would be the cheapest. Just use google shopping to find the cheapest place thats reputable. Because its just sound dampening you dont have to worry about warranty or anything like that.
Old 10-17-10, 06:31 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by maximus54
For dynamat the internet would be the cheapest. Just use google shopping to find the cheapest place thats reputable. Because its just sound dampening you dont have to worry about warranty or anything like that.
Thanks will do!
Old 10-18-10, 12:38 AM
speeds27
Rookie

You should also look into other brands too besides dynamat. There's Hushmat, B-Quiet, fatmat, zilla mat, plus others from Stinger and Scosche.

I'm not gonna say it's all the same, but do your research and pick what fits your application. Also prices vary from brand to brand too, with dynamat being the most expensive. So shop around and see what fits your budget.

A lot of the stuff is available on ebay too. GL and have Fun

Quick Reply: Where do you guys buy your Audio gear online from?