Sponsored by:

audio system question??

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-10, 09:38 AM
jerryparks
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default audio system question??

I have just installed a new head unit and got my 4 door speakers working. I'm now trying to line up my woofer.
I have located the wires running from the woofer to the
large amp in the dr side front of trunk. Below are several questions I need answers on:

1. I need to idenify which of the lines coming out of the amp goes up to the head unit So far I have been unsuccessful. Which of the wires that pluged into tge old NAK unit go to the amp/woofer in the trunk?. None of the color codes seem to match up.

2. Can I plug in the woofer on one of the door speaker wires
to check and see if its still good? I have inspected the woofer
and it appears OK-with no breaks in the cone.

3. Since my head unit is a cheapie, I want to operate the woofer from the RCA holes in the back of the head unit with the
old NAK amp that is in the trunk-if its still good.
Do I need a line out converter to change from the RCA cable
to regular wires that go to the NAK amp in the trunk or is there a simplier way to make the conversion from the head unit?

4. I have removed the old disc changer in the trunk and now I have two sets of wires that were used to help operate the unit.
There is also some wires that at the old NAK amp.

I think this covers my problems for now. Any insight you guys can provide at this point would be helpful. I have all this
stuff in various stages of dis-assembly in my back seat and trunk- so a quick answer would be most helpful. BTW: I am not a audio expert, but I have learned a lot about working on these systems from the posts on this site, and my limited electrical knowledge has been helpful. Again, thanks for your help.