Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Double Din Pioneer monitor Dvd/cd???

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-10, 08:12 PM
snakehead
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Double Din Pioneer monitor Dvd/cd???

Anybody install an after market monitor in place of the old stereo? I installed mine,It has power to play radio and back up camera but will not eject or flip down to access Dvds or cds, I also need to figure out how to connect the sub woofer up to it, Great unit looks nice but its pissing me off, what's the deal, by pass the amp, what do i do other than burn it. Thanks...
Old 10-09-10, 08:25 PM
boostin240
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy had some issues with his car as well i gotta hit him up and see what he did to fix it all.
Old 10-09-10, 09:53 PM
snakehead
Intermediate

Originally Posted by boostin240
My buddy had some issues with his car as well i gotta hit him up and see what he did to fix it all.
Cool, let me know if you hear. Thanks
Old 10-09-10, 10:11 PM
boobstar
Lexus Test Driver

which unit? is it possible that its just the head unit might be bad. I mean if it has power then there shouldnt be anything preventing it from ejecting a cd unless its a model where the whole face moves and maybe its hitting something thats preventing it from opening fully. you have to bring a little more info than what you have so far.
Old 10-10-10, 12:05 AM
snakehead
Intermediate

Originally Posted by boobstar
which unit? is it possible that its just the head unit might be bad. I mean if it has power then there shouldnt be anything preventing it from ejecting a cd unless its a model where the whole face moves and maybe its hitting something thats preventing it from opening fully. you have to bring a little more info than what you have so far.
Its a pioneer avh p4200dvd . It could be a bad unit. Certain options are not high lighted on screen even though it has power. Almost like something is not connected. Radio works and other screen settings.
Old 10-10-10, 08:18 AM
uras300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a bad unit since you've mentioned other functions working correctly. I have the P3200DVD model and it powers on when constant + ignition/ground are connected with all feature functioning minus the sounds.

No offense to OP, but if you can't figure out how to hook up the sub then perhaps it's better to let pro handle the installation. You would have to bypass the stock amp when you install aftermarket deck so here's a helpful thread if you decide to go through it. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...b-working.html
Old 10-10-10, 09:59 AM
snakehead
Intermediate

Originally Posted by uras300
Sounds like a bad unit since you've mentioned other functions working correctly. I have the P3200DVD model and it powers on when constant + ignition/ground are connected with all feature functioning minus the sounds.

No offense to OP, but if you can't figure out how to hook up the sub then perhaps it's better to let pro handle the installation. You would have to bypass the stock amp when you install aftermarket deck so here's a helpful thread if you decide to go through it. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...b-working.html
Yeah i am afraid of that. Yeah mine does not flip down when CD/Dvd or eject button is touched. Everything else works. I bought it thru ebay brand new packaged , I guess i got a burnt unit. We could not figure how to hook the Sub woofer up because there is no plug in for it.
Old 10-10-10, 10:19 AM
cheez
Pole Position

omg i was just about to buy one of these thru ebay too and now im scared. but isnt that DIY for if u dont have a harness? cuz metra sells one for like $10
Old 10-10-10, 11:01 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by snakehead
Yeah i am afraid of that. Yeah mine does not flip down when CD/Dvd or eject button is touched. Everything else works. I bought it thru ebay brand new packaged , I guess i got a burnt unit. We could not figure how to hook the Sub woofer up because there is no plug in for it.
What is the model of your headunit? I heard some were having issues on the buttons due to bad solder joints.

Originally Posted by cheez
omg i was just about to buy one of these thru ebay too and now im scared. but isnt that DIY for if u dont have a harness? cuz metra sells one for like $10
DO NOT buy one from Ebay. Buy it from an authorized dealer or else you will completely void your warranty by getting it from an unauthorized dealer/seller. I bought my P4200DVD three weeks after they came out for $405 from Amazon.com. Try them or getting a 10%/12% off coupon for Best Buy and getting one.
Old 10-10-10, 04:41 PM
uras300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by snakehead
You need to buy an RCA cable that connects deck to amp which is then connected to sub woofer.

Originally Posted by cheez
The metra harness kit is only good for 12v constant/ignition/ground/dimmer/remote. Metra harness uses common ground to run speaker wires.. In other words, you'd have to run additional 4 set of RCA cables for speakers in order to have individual grounds for them.

It may sound confusing but just follow the thread I've posted. I can promise you it'll save a lot of time instead of doing trial and error like I did. Good luck.
Old 10-10-10, 05:16 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

In other words, you'd have to run additional 4 set of RCA cables for speakers in order to have individual grounds for them.
I think you mean he would need to run new speaker wires. RCA's are preamp level.

It may sound confusing...

In the spirit of help, I would agree with you that letting a pro do this might be a better option for the OP.

And Kira, there are some ebay sellers who are authorized to sell online. They won't be the ones selling it for $8 for a CD player, but hey...

Big Mack
Old 10-10-10, 08:15 PM
snakehead
Intermediate

You need to buy an RCA cable that connects deck to amp which is then connected to sub woofer.

Thank you for the info , where can i find this cable ?? Rca on both sides ??

Last edited by snakehead; 10-10-10 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-10-10, 11:00 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice head unit, I used to have a 4200DVD, but I upgraded to an AVIC-Z110BT. U can find RCA patch cables anywhere. Do you have an aftermarket amp for the sub? Not sure if u are aware that u need an amp for it.
Old 10-11-10, 02:24 AM
snakehead
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rgarjr
Nice head unit, I used to have a 4200DVD, but I upgraded to an AVIC-Z110BT. U can find RCA patch cables anywhere. Do you have an aftermarket amp for the sub? Not sure if u are aware that u need an amp for it.
I need an aftermarket amp for the sc300 ? No i did not know , whats a good cheap one ? I guess i have to by pass the stock one ?? Thanks, Its all new to me.
Old 10-11-10, 10:24 AM
snakehead
Intermediate

I am sending the unit back, It has to be bad , The tilt option and eject does not work . What a joke a brand new unit and its going to take 6 weeks in repair.

Quick Reply: Double Din Pioneer monitor Dvd/cd???