Sponsored by:

Headrest monitors

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-02, 08:16 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Headrest monitors

I am just wondering which brand is a good quality TV monitor company that makes monitors for the headrests? I have heard of nesa,p-techniques, and eclipse? Any others?

thanks
Old 07-27-02, 09:11 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alpine makes a sweet 6.5" monitor. It has a few nice functions to help make the viewing experience much nicer. One function has an Auto Feature that adjust the picture brightness to how bright/dark it is inside the car. But Alpine is pretty expensive. Expect to pay around $700-800 per monitor...
Old 07-27-02, 09:16 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
Alpine makes a sweet 6.5" monitor. It has a few nice functions to help make the viewing experience much nicer. One function has an Auto Feature that adjust the picture brightness to how bright/dark it is inside the car. But Alpine is pretty expensive. Expect to pay around $700-800 per monitor...
but i just purchased a pioneer AVH-P6400cd and I dont think a Alpine will work,but I heard the Alpine monitors does show what is going on in the head unit screen no matter no mode it is in.
Old 07-28-02, 11:50 AM
LS007
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm putting in Pioneer AVD-W6000 monitors into my LS430 headrests. They (Pioneer) offer a headrest mounting kit AD-HM6000 (purchased at www.etronics.com). The black frame mount appears to be a perfect match for the black leather and size of my headrests. The 6.5" widescreen AVD-W6000 monitor has 2 AV inputs (with S-Video in) and a RGB input. With a little bit of electronic know how you could also place your navigation screen on the AVD-W6000 display with the RGB input. It also has automatic brightness adjustment too.

I could probably post a picture of the mounting kit if you need (because nobody on the internet has a picture posted), but not in the headrest just yet.
Old 07-28-02, 11:18 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

WHATS THE RGB INPUT. (TO MAKE THE NAVIGATION SHOW UP ON THE SCREEN) IM INTERESTED IN THAT. LITTLE HELP PLEASE
Old 07-28-02, 11:56 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

Well, the output from the navigation computer to the front navigation display is Red, Green, Blue (RGB) with a composite video synchronization signal. This signal could be intercepted or picked up for other displays. If intercepted you could feed other video sources, such as a DVD or Game system to your navigation display like VLad has done. (see post in GS forum - Video on Factory Navigation - No problem!). The Pioneer AVD-W6000, AVD-W6010 and AVD-W8000 all have the Pioneer 20 pin RGB connectors and Audio Video Master unit AVM-P9000R have the same connector for navigation input. The RGB + sync signals are found on pins 1,2,3 and 5 respective. Pin 4 is vidoe GND. It get's a little more complicated than this, but thats the basics.
Old 07-29-02, 12:12 AM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

OH OK WOW THANKS. YEA does sound little complicated.
oh just to let people know.... i am selling a complete mobile video system. it consists of..... #2 5'' tv headrest monitors with shroud #1 5.6" tv with mounting bracket for ac vent, fm modulator, and a vcr. heres the great part the two tv's are already installed in the headrests. and you get to keep ur own head rest! perfect for leased vehicles. you get all that plus wires and free shipping and insurance. heres the catch..... the headrest are from an acura CL type S. color black. so i just wanted to put the word out, maybe someone here has an acura. also if there is an acura club online like this one, please let me know thanks.
Old 07-29-02, 12:22 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

I just want the Headrests in the rear to display whatever I have in the main head unit up front,but I just havent seen anything that can do this except for Alpine.
Old 07-29-02, 06:17 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Try Farenheit, I got the 7" in the rear headrests (slave) if you have a headunit up front you can wire them so you can see the same thing up front.
Old 07-29-02, 06:19 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

1 shot
Attached Thumbnails Headrest monitors-headrest1.jpg  
Old 07-29-02, 06:19 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

2nd shot
Attached Thumbnails Headrest monitors-headrest2.jpg  
Old 07-30-02, 08:05 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Wow! :eek:

A 7" display in the headrest looks a little too big for my tastes. I'll be looking for something smaller.
Old 07-30-02, 02:44 PM
shawhitee
Driver School Candidate

damn son who did you head rest monitors they look like ****.... dont try this at home boys and girls......
Old 07-30-02, 05:52 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by shawhitee
damn son who did you head rest monitors they look like ****.... dont try this at home boys and girls......
First post huh?? Off to a great start are we?

F.Y.I. guys there are pre-fab headrest with monitors already built in.
Old 07-31-02, 06:29 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by shawhitee
um.....yeah, well the leather came off the back of the monitor housing, all I need to do is glue it back on and it'll look fine.

Quick Reply: Headrest monitors