Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

007 Lexus LS430

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-02 | 10:12 AM
LS007
Lead Lap

Default 007 LS430

I purchased my Silver Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury for it's many electronic features and ride/performance. Now it's time for electronic mods and I can't help feeling a little bit like Q from the James Bond movies. One of the first mods will be rockets... that's right rockets! Well almost, I'm mounting small tubes that will hold two sets of Estes rocket engines inside the lower grill. An electronic combination keypad in the drivers change drawer will ignite the engines. It takes road rage to a new level... don't you think?

Before the safety critics come after me... I've done this before on another car and the engines without rockets kind of just spin out of control and smoke. So, I don't plan to do much damage and I really don't plan on using them "on the road". Other thoughts are smoke pots under the rear bumper and LCD panels that cover the license plate. The panels will be clear, but frost up when switch is changed.

Any other ideas from you future Q's?

Last edited by LS007; 12-11-02 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-03-02 | 12:11 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

VERY cool ideas man.. i would love to have tons of gadgets on my car like that one day.

as for the LCD screen.. what about making it look like a DIFFERENT licence plate?? hehe take a licence plate of someone you hate and then make it yours... and drive by a couple of those photo speed traps really fast!! haha just kidding
Old 08-03-02 | 04:00 PM
GS3InPhx
Pole Position

Great ideas! I have thought about using a CO2 canister in the back to do the frosting of the liscence plate (using a clear plate cover), that would work great, and after it cleared there would be no way to see that you'd done it!! Just one tiny hole behind the plate is all that it would take with your Co2 tank routed to it. Depending how ruthless you want to be...those stars that some police use for roadblocks in a compartment in the rear would also be usefull in desperate times
Old 08-04-02 | 09:52 AM
LS007
Lead Lap

Great idea for the CO2 in the clear plate cover. I wonder what is the smallest CO2 canister and electronic switched discharger you can get. Any web sites you can point me at?
Old 09-12-02 | 04:19 AM
LS007
Lead Lap

Just a follow-up on my testing of CO2 to frost up my license plate covers. I purchased a 10 Oz. CO2 bottle, pressure regulator, solenoid valve and a clear bubble style license plate cover. A 1/4" tube was routed into the plate. After a small discharge of CO2 there was no frosting So I discharged it all and still no frosting . It must be because of our dry summer weather here in the Pacific NW. It would probably work better in our very wet winter weather, but then again why frost your license plate over when you could fill it up with rain water, put a couple gold fish in and call it finished!

What I have found and will be using are Stealth License Plate Covers from www.hightechspeed.com. Together with my anti-photo radar plate covers.

So my CO2 system will now be put to another system, maybe pressurized dispenser for a quick oil slick?

Also for those interested the rocket launching tubes (4) are installed and combination lock firing controller installed.

Last edited by LS007; 09-12-02 at 04:23 AM.
Old 09-12-02 | 04:04 PM
TimDimman
Pole Position

Originally posted by VideoNavi
Just a follow-up on my testing of CO2 to frost up my license plate covers. I purchased a 10 Oz. CO2 bottle, pressure regulator, solenoid valve and a clear bubble style license plate cover. A 1/4" tube was routed into the plate. After a small discharge of CO2 there was no frosting So I discharged it all and still no frosting . It must be because of our dry summer weather here in the Pacific NW. It would probably work better in our very wet winter weather, but then again why frost your license plate over when you could fill it up with rain water, put a couple gold fish in and call it finished!

What I have found and will be using are Stealth License Plate Covers from www.hightechspeed.com. Together with my anti-photo radar plate covers.

So my CO2 system will now be put to another system, maybe pressurized dispenser for a quick oil slick?

Also for those interested the rocket launching tubes (4) are installed and combination lock firing controller installed.
Are you keeping your CO2 system? If not, I might want to purchase your components.

I'm interested in a Haunted House this year for Halloween, and those components would work perfectly.

Thanks,

Tim
tdh_99@(SpamMeNot)hotmail.com
Obviously, remove the "(SpamMeNot)"
Old 09-13-02 | 01:28 PM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

I've been trying to figure out how to put a small icebox in my armrest that holds one bottle of Dom and two champagne flutes.

Todd
Old 09-14-02 | 09:29 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

Default 007 LS430

I'll take the martini, shaken not stirred That is tough to automate in a Lexus

Last edited by LS007; 09-15-02 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-27-02 | 03:46 AM
Ryan
Pole Position

Smoke screen would be useful and should be easy to do - anyone give it a try?
Old 09-27-02 | 09:19 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

Funny you should ask A box marked EXPLOSIVES showed up at my door today. Inside was 1/2 dozen Spectrasmoke magnetic cartridges and 1/2 dozen Spectrasmoke stacks in assorted colors. These are special effect smoke products used in the movies, like Jurassic Park III. They burn at a lower temperature than traditiional 'smoke pots' and even come with the electric igniters.

Now to find a way to keep them dry under the back of the LS until needed.

Another item I'm searching for are Caltrop's (tire spikes). Anybody have a source?

Last edited by LS007; 09-27-02 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-28-02 | 04:56 AM
Ryan
Pole Position

I once saw Al Capone's car at some car show when I was a kid. It had everything - bulletproof, etc. It also had smoke screen. How they did it was very cleaver. They just released some fluid (maybe oil?) on the exhaust pipe.

This could be hooked up pretty easily with a sprayer over the tailpipe, a small fluid reservoir, and a remote release valve (maybe a sprinkler valve).

Just a thought.
Old 10-23-02 | 08:35 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

Almost a month later and I've found a way to keep my Spectrasmoke stacks dry under the LS. What I'm going to use are a couple of Phasefour Industries Drain Master electric gate valves (http://www.phasefourindustries.com/dmast.html) and a couple PVC fittings. Now when the smoke screen is activated the gate valve will open automatically. A second set of gate valves are going to work perfectly for Caltrop (tire spike) deployers.

As for the rest of the 007 LS430 project:

Electronic 10 key pad combination lock and firing system - done
Rocket tube launchers under the front grill - mounted - still to have alligator clips wired.
Smoke screen Spectrasmoke holders and remote gate valve- done - still to be mounted.
Oil Slick - small electric oil pump purchased.
Caltrops - holder complete - caltrops still to be hand made.
Laser jammer & anti-photo license plate covers - Installed with complete Stealth plate covers to come in early November (see https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=61374 and www.hightechspeed.com).
James Bond soundtrack purchased just last night!

Pictures will be provided from 1st test/demonstration.

Last edited by LS007; 10-24-02 at 03:22 AM.
Old 10-24-02 | 11:06 AM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Default ghetto bond

You guys are really scaring me with this stuff.

One ghetto thing my friend did is stick is windshield washer fluid hose (if broken) just under the hood so it sticks out the side. He would spray people and cars with water but they had to be on the right side.
Old 11-17-02 | 06:15 PM
Ryan
Pole Position

Any progress VideoNavi?
Old 11-17-02 | 08:58 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

Slow and steady progress. Finding locations under the LS430 for the smoke screen PVC holders and gate valves has been difficult. I'm going to mount them vertical now, just forward of the rear axle. Of course the police laser jammer (Lidatek LE-20) has been mounted along with rocket tubes and wiring already. I've also mounted the laser pointers along side the rocket tubes. The license plate stealth covers have not shown up just yet and should be this month. This project is a little side tracked now as I'm finishing my 7.1 speaker install in my Dodge Durango. As the movie title goes "Die Another Day".... My LS430 007 project is "To Be Done, Before I Die"

Quick Reply: 007 Lexus LS430