Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-11 | 05:47 AM
Paoloveg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by idengrenme
also does anyone notice a popping sound coming from MLQ+ when playing music ("ipod out" mode specifically)? I am trying to trace this problem down now. Switched to satellite and didn't notice the popping. Going to play the same music over DVD-burned MP3 and see if there is a difference.

Could be a wiring problem, but want to make sure others aren't having the same problem.
I noticed this earlier before my ML+ software upgrade. Try disconnecting your ipod and sync with itunes. Reconnect and try again. This solved my problem.
Old 03-04-11 | 09:39 AM
idengrenme
Driver School Candidate

Default popping resolved

I tried just re-syncing the iPod, but that didn't work. Then, I do a complete restore of the iPod, and that worked.

I don't understand why there was a problem with the iPod and how it could cause a popping noise; however, I will say that it was jailbroken when the popping sound was happening (greenpois0n 4.2.1). No popping after I restored it to factory Apple firmware.

Still, the jailbreak may or may not have had anything to do with the popping.
Old 03-08-11 | 08:19 AM
Paoloveg
Driver School Candidate

Don't think that had anything to do with jailbreak. I tried jail-broken and non jail-broken phones. Both will work ok. If you re jailbreak your current phone, I think it should work fine. I have no idea why the popping sound comes up. A soft reset fixed mine.

Anyway, I found a new bug today. I found that the fonts and spacing of the song name/artist name and the album art changes automatically! Sometimes, the album art is bigger with the song name font larger. Spacing in-between is tight. Sometimes the album art is smaller and the font is smaller so that the spacing is much wider. All these happened with the same ipod with the same song. It is sporadic and for no specific reason.

Will post pics soon.
Old 03-08-11 | 03:53 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

I finally got around to updating my firmware the other day. WHAT A NIGHTMARE! After I finished the first update, following the instructions exactly, my ML+ unit stopped working entirely. It sounds like I had the same problem Batman did. I would press Audio to get to the ML+ screen, it would flash black and then nothing would happen. After about 5+ tries, I was finally able to reset the unit using the switches on the box. The same thing happened to me after the second update went through. The whole process was very frustrating.

It's nice that the album art has the proper dimensions now, but I think it and the font should be scaled down some.
Old 03-08-11 | 07:04 PM
NAK
Rookie

Originally Posted by brociouz
I finally got around to updating my firmware the other day. WHAT A NIGHTMARE! After I finished the first update, following the instructions exactly, my ML+ unit stopped working entirely. It sounds like I had the same problem Batman did. I would press Audio to get to the ML+ screen, it would flash black and then nothing would happen. After about 5+ tries, I was finally able to reset the unit using the switches on the box. The same thing happened to me after the second update went through. The whole process was very frustrating.

It's nice that the album art has the proper dimensions now, but I think it and the font should be scaled down some.
Did you put music files on the flash drive and check if they playing well before you put update file? Doing update without music on the flash drive equivalent to driving car with closed eyes.
Old 03-08-11 | 07:22 PM
NAK
Rookie

Originally Posted by Paoloveg

Anyway, I found a new bug today. I found that the fonts and spacing of the song name/artist name and the album art changes automatically! Sometimes, the album art is bigger with the song name font larger. Spacing in-between is tight. Sometimes the album art is smaller and the font is smaller so that the spacing is much wider. All these happened with the same ipod with the same song. It is sporadic and for no specific reason.

Will post pics soon.
ML+ has nothing to do with text itself, text size, pitch, spacing or size of the artwork!
It is only responsible for scaling of video signal from iPod. I am talking about scaling of whole screen not a separate portion of it such as text or artwork.
Apple the one who is really responsible for this portion of display. If you not believe me, go to "Settings" -> "iPod" -> "TV Out" Widescreen and change it ON and OFF while you are in "iPod Out" mode. This is Apple bug, and it "happens" much more often if you switching from "iPod Out" (4:3) to "iPod Video Out" (widescreen 16:9) and back. Hopefully it will be finally fixed in iOS 4.3.
Old 03-08-11 | 07:45 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by NAK
Did you put music files on the flash drive and check if they playing well before you put update file? Doing update without music on the flash drive equivalent to driving car with closed eyes.
I did, the music never came on and I waited for nearly 20 minutes after the voice confirmed the update was in progress.
Old 03-16-11 | 11:49 AM
kingmich
Driver School Candidate

I'm having issues with my SL2IC, and have just got my unit back from VAIS, where they updated the software. This was supposed to fix 2 issues.
1. If you are on MAPS, you cannot return to the menu on your SL2iC, unless you cycle thru audio sources. There is a picture button, that you can press if you are not in motion. This update was supposed to allow the PICTURE button to be enabled at all times. It's not.
2. When I plug in my iphone 3gs or iphone 4, the unit sends a volume command to my phone, thus putting the volume indicator on the screen of my phone. It stays there, and prevents some of my apps from working and is an overall nuisance.
This too was a known issue of the first software version, however my unit is still having these problems.

I am waiting for a response from Vaistech, which was expected by Tuesday.
Hopefully will get this resolved.
Old 03-16-11 | 01:47 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kingmich
I'm having issues with my SL2IC, and have just got my unit back from VAIS, where they updated the software. This was supposed to fix 2 issues.
1. If you are on MAPS, you cannot return to the menu on your SL2iC, unless you cycle thru audio sources. There is a picture button, that you can press if you are not in motion. This update was supposed to allow the PICTURE button to be enabled at all times. It's not.
2. When I plug in my iphone 3gs or iphone 4, the unit sends a volume command to my phone, thus putting the volume indicator on the screen of my phone. It stays there, and prevents some of my apps from working and is an overall nuisance.
This too was a known issue of the first software version, however my unit is still having these problems.

We haven't seen any issues like those with ML+
Old 03-16-11 | 03:35 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kingmich

1. Are you sure it's supposed to allow the picture button to be enabled at all times? The only reason I ask is because even the Prestigious Override doesn't do that. You either have to cycle through the audio inputs and/or hit the "gps" button which will temporarily give you the picture button again. My perception is that these over-rides only work until the GPS figures out you are moving which is 1-2 minutes. Perhaps I'm wrong though?

2. I haven't noticed that on the ML+ (so I can't speak to that specific issue)

Last edited by rebs; 03-16-11 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-16-11 | 03:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

kingmich, are you sure when the car is moving and you are on map screen, you press on AUDIO and the picture button is available? i doubt that's the case, coz' i have been reporting this to vaistech

1) if the car is stop you are in map screen, if you press AUDIO, it goes to iPod Out interface right the way
2) if the car is moving and you are in map screen, press AUDIO and the PICTURE button is still grayed out

this is if you didn't enable the override feature in the sl2ic. if you have that enabled, then yes the picture button will appear. but it's kid of chicken and egg, because if you imagine you start the car and start driving in the map screen. you want to override the system and you need to go into iPod out interface, but pressing the AUDIO button doesn't work coz' PICTURE button is still grayed out
Old 05-06-11 | 11:38 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

New update release:
http://www.vaistech.com/forums/showt...=5959#post5959
Old 05-22-11 | 10:02 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Has anyone been able to download and use the latest Vaistech update?

If so can you email me the files? I can't access the site anymore.
Old 05-24-11 | 11:18 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by *Batman*
Has anyone been able to download and use the latest Vaistech update?

If so can you email me the files? I can't access the site anymore.
Do you still need those files? PM me if you do :-)

Last edited by rebs; 05-24-11 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-25-11 | 05:41 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rebs
Do you still need those files? PM me if you do :-)
No I was able to get them. Turned out my ISP was blocking the Vaistech FTP site. I was able to connect via 3G on the laptop and get it that way.

This release seems a lot less buggy than the last one. Pretty solid so far.

One question - I never get the music file to play at the end of the update. Does it need to be in a sub-folder or something?

Last edited by *Batman*; 05-25-11 at 05:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!