Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-11 | 09:39 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

It does need to be in this order Multimedialinq ->Music->Folder1->MP3 file.
Old 06-01-11 | 10:07 PM
harry4657
Driver School Candidate

I think it might be in Vaistech's interest to warn people not to purchase a rocketfish cable as it will not work and is sold at every Bestbuy (well, some of the time it does, rarely). I had to swap out the rocketfish cable after experiencing numerous problems with the cable.
Old 06-06-11 | 05:44 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

My first feedback on the ML+/Vaistech:

I just installed the ML+ this past weekend but I wasted a whole day to figure out how to change back from CD-mp3 emulation mode to Video Graphic (VG) Mode as it seems to stay in the CD-mp3 emulation mode forever - as a VML!! I did a lot of search (Vaistech is closed on weekends) in CL forum and fianlly found one of Batman's posts to push and "HOLD" the SCAN (soft) button. (A big thanks to Batman!!! ) The owner's manual just says press [FOLDER SCAN] and it is not very helping...

Also in VG mode setup: my AV 1 shows "Composite" for Video Signal Type when iPod is selected as Input Source. However, the owner's manual shows "Component" for Video Signal Type when iPod is selected as Input Source. I confirmed with Vaistech that as long as I choose iPod as Input Source, it'll be Component for Video Signal Type regardless what the setup screen shows. I wonder anyone with the latest firmware 04/11/2011 sees the same thing?
Old 06-16-11 | 10:37 AM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Default Radio Statics when powering up the headrest DVD players

This post will also be added to the Vaistech forum.

I installed the headrest DVD player's output to ML Plus AV2, doing so I have the option to use Lexus speakers for the DVD players. The problem is: if I listen to AM/FM radio when the DVD players (for kids in the back) are playing/powered up, the radio has very significant static interference.

Question to Vaistech: is this normal? One thing I can verify is to disconnect the RCAs to ML+ AV2 and check if the static interference still exists... If still exists then the ML+ is not guilty for the static interference.
Old 06-17-11 | 02:23 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Can you please disconnect RCA connectors from your DVD players connected to ML Plus. If after RCA disconnected you are not experiencing any static interference, then the problem is with your DVD connection. Also please make sure power to DVD players is not connected through ML Plus in any way.

Thanks,
Old 06-17-11 | 11:39 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VaisTech
Can you please disconnect RCA connectors from your DVD players connected to ML Plus. If after RCA disconnected you are not experiencing any static interference, then the problem is with your DVD connection. Also please make sure power to DVD players is not connected through ML Plus in any way.

Thanks,
I'll give a shot this weekend and update.

1. But I think if after RCA disconnected and no more static interference, then the problem is from ML Plus.

2. If after RCA disconnected and static interference still exist then the problem is not from ML Plus. This means DVD player is interferencing the radio directly regardless the ML Plus. >>>>>>> 06-26-2011 Result Update: I unplugged the RCAs go into ML Plus AV2 and the HU radio static interference still exist. I then played around the headrest DVD players' FM antenna wires and found the radio static could be reduced if the antenna wires were placed at certain locations.

My headrest DVD players are powered through the fuse directly.

Last edited by memasterac; 06-26-11 at 10:50 PM. Reason: UPDATE RESULTS
Old 06-19-11 | 06:22 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

guys if i plug in my external hdd via usb that is loaded with a bunch of avi video files does it play the video or do i need to buy a secondary unit like the WD media player and hook that up to the video inputs?

Also if im running a nano gen4 or gen5 i wouldnt get the same menu as im seeing on these review videos? thats only for ipod touch, iphones, and maybe the new nano?

Thats dissapointing

Last edited by robertrios; 06-19-11 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-19-11 | 07:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

you can't play video files from any drives. videos can only be from ipod of external sources using the component / composite input
Old 06-28-11 | 05:08 AM
gulchgolf
Driver School Candidate

I've just ordered the ML+ unit and I hope to be installing it this weekend, along with a used PS/Datasystem bypass, in a 2008 GS350. Don't have any of the items in hand yet (including the car . . .), but, in anticipation of the install, I was wondering about the sequencing of the PS and ML+ connections. I'm thinking that they would essentially be installed in series, with the PS connected first to the existing wiring (to the extent that both may be looking for the same input) with outputs from the PS then going on either to the ML+ or factory components, as appropriate. Does that sound about right?

Thanks, in advance, for any thoughts, comments or advice.
Old 06-28-11 | 08:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

the two units have nothing to do with each other. they are attached to different harnesses / plugs
Old 06-28-11 | 08:23 PM
gulchgolf
Driver School Candidate

Thanks very much.
Old 06-29-11 | 03:36 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

im updating as we speak!

Last edited by robertrios; 06-29-11 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-29-11 | 06:16 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

at boot up i see 1.4 now, i waited one minute after each of the first two updates and about 5 after the second one. So hopefully it worked. The sound on video still isnt as loud as from the ipod though not sure if its from my file conversion (converted from avi to mov to put on ipod) or if its the degredation of quality you guys were talking about. However i thought this update fixed that.

For example if my volume is at 15 and im listening to music and I then switch to the video i have to turn it up to 25 to be at about the same loudness so when i switch back my ipod music seems loud. Its not the worst thing ever but its what ive noticed.
Old 06-30-11 | 09:16 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by robertrios
at boot up i see 1.4 now, i waited one minute after each of the first two updates and about 5 after the second one. So hopefully it worked. The sound on video still isnt as loud as from the ipod though not sure if its from my file conversion (converted from avi to mov to put on ipod) or if its the degredation of quality you guys were talking about. However i thought this update fixed that.

For example if my volume is at 15 and im listening to music and I then switch to the video i have to turn it up to 25 to be at about the same loudness so when i switch back my ipod music seems loud. Its not the worst thing ever but its what ive noticed.
You either don't have the right software, or your encoding is the problem (i.e. sound level of your source files).

This issue disappeared after their third software version in late January.

Also check that EQ is off on your iPod touch device.
Old 06-30-11 | 06:16 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

i want to say it might be the encoding i used some freeware software to convert to mov from avi. Any recommendations on converters i dont mind paying for something thats going to be fast and high quality.

Quick Reply: Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!