Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-11, 06:27 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robertrios
i want to say it might be the encoding i used some freeware software to convert to mov from avi. Any recommendations on converters i dont mind paying for something thats going to be fast and high quality.
before you do that, download a music video and a song from itunes, and compare the volume with the eq off.
Old 07-02-11, 08:30 AM
gulchgolf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by *Batman*
What's in the box, what you need and installation tips

2) These are the AV output cables that came with the unit (you will also have a USB port extension cable in your package). If you are only using your ipod or iPhone you only need the component video cable, and the head unit harness. So you won't need all of these unless you are also connecting other devices like backup camera, DVD player, etc.

I'm installing the ML+ in my '08 GS350 with Mark Levinson and Nav. I'm only loking to connect my iPod Touch. The VAIS instructions indicate that the digital video cable must be connected to the factory multi-display unit, navigation ECU (if present) and to the MediaLinQ Plus for proper operation of ML+ and factory components. I'm to the point of pulling the head unit out, but was wondering if I'll need to use the digital video cable and, if so, will the connections be readily locatable after I pull out the head unit? Thanks for any assistance that you may be able to offer.
Old 07-02-11, 06:32 PM
gulchgolf
Driver School Candidate

I completed the ML+ installation today (I ultimately figured out that I needed to connect the digital video cable, of course) along with a pre-owned PS / Digitalsystem navi bypass. What great products. I don't think that I would ever have tackled the installs or made such good decisions in terms of product selection, though, without all of the great input from ClubLexus postings and members (including Batman's clear and informative review of the ML+ and some great comments and advice from rominl). Just wanted to express my appreciation to the forum, in general, and to both of you, in particular.

Thank you!
Old 07-02-11, 06:46 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gulchgolf
I completed the ML+ installation today (I ultimately figured out that I needed to connect the digital video cable, of course) along with a pre-owned PS / Digitalsystem navi bypass. What great products. I don't think that I would ever have tackled the installs or made such good decisions in terms of product selection, though, without all of the great input from ClubLexus postings and members (including Batman's clear and informative review of the ML+ and some great comments and advice from rominl). Just wanted to express my appreciation to the forum, in general, and to both of you, in particular.

Thank you!
Well done. Looking forward to hearing your review of these products.
Old 07-02-11, 09:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

awesome, glad you like the products!
Old 07-07-11, 10:23 PM
beaterman
Driver School Candidate

I have an 07 gs350 without the mark levinson sound system but with navi. Will the ml+ still do videos from an ipod? Also I have a 160 gig regular ipod video not a touch. Will this work with the interface? Does this interface allow videos to be played and watchedwhile the car is in motion without the navigation bypass? I know its alot of questions but I am new to the lexus stuff and want to do right with my new car.
Old 07-08-11, 09:51 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by beaterman
I have an 07 gs350 without the mark levinson sound system but with navi. Will the ml+ still do videos from an ipod? Also I have a 160 gig regular ipod video not a touch. Will this work with the interface? Does this interface allow videos to be played and watchedwhile the car is in motion without the navigation bypass? I know its alot of questions but I am new to the lexus stuff and want to do right with my new car.
ML Plus is compatible with '07 GS. All the features will work. iPod Classic is also compatible with ML Plus, but will work in CD-MP3 emulation. In order to use graphical mode you must use one of the iOS4 supporting devices from Apple. Video Out will work while the car is in motion and will work with iPod Classic.

Thanks,
Old 07-08-11, 09:00 PM
beaterman
Driver School Candidate

What is the difference between cd-mp3 emulation and a graphical interface? I am just really confused cause I used to have a kenwood unit that would run any ipod with the same features on screen. I dont understand how you can't do this with your unit.
Old 07-08-11, 11:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

this is mp3 emulation basic / normal screen

this page shows the graphical interface

http://www.vaistech.com/dev/mlp.php
Old 07-09-11, 08:22 AM
beaterman
Driver School Candidate

Ok why is there two different screens for different ipods. This makes no sense to me. Why wouldnt you just have the same screen for all ipods. All of my other units have always played all ipods the same way with the same screen and functions. I know this is not a stand alone unit but they should be able to program this to function the same with all ipods not just certain ones. The only reason I am asking is because the mp3 emulation looks really cheesy and cheap programing and the newer graphical interface looks much cleaner. I dont really want to replace my 160gig ipod for a more expensive one with a quarter the space since I already have 128gigs of the ipod filled with movies and music.

On a seperate note, will this unit play videos from an external hard drive through the usb and what does the interface for that look like? If it will play this could be a better option for me cause I have a 500gig hard drive with all my movies and music on it. This would be best for road trips and make it so I dont have to change video formats before putting it on my ipod.
Old 07-09-11, 10:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

it's not 2 different screens, it's two different modes..... graphical interface is ONLY for itouch and iphone with ios4, because that's when the ipod out feature is enabled. for other ipod, mp3 screen is used, no other way. and vaistech make the mp3 available for devices with ios4 as well as an option. it all has to do with apple, not vaistech. if you have classic ipod, you are stuck with what apple offers, not what vaistech can do

only plays videos from ipod or external video input. won't play videos from hdd or usb

for what you want, might as well build your own carputer
Old 07-17-11, 09:39 AM
Kasim
Pit Crew

I can't open vaistech.com site for past 2 days.
Is it me or every1 else????

Last edited by Kasim; 07-17-11 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-17-11, 10:08 AM
redrox5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kasim
I can't open vaistech.com site for past 2 days.
Is it me or every1 else????
I have the same problem! I just bought a 450h and was excited to order all the creature comforts I had on my IS350. Vaistech products were at the top of my list, but now I can't even access the site!
Old 07-17-11, 10:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

it's weekend for them, i am sure they will have it fixed tomorrow
Old 07-17-11, 10:56 AM
Kasim
Pit Crew

Can someone answer me about DICE Mediabridge....

If i use USB Media which integrates with CD/AUX, i Can not use use regular CD's if i unplug usb???
Or how it works?

I'm just looking for simple USB(thumb drive) intergration, which i can control on my wheel.
I DON'T care about iPOD & videos.

Thanx.

Last edited by Kasim; 07-17-11 at 11:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Vaistech ML Plus (ML+) Review - Buy Recommendation from former SL2i user!!!